Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:14 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Buses to Woodford county
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:18 pm
Posts: 13
Hello all
Can anyone give me details about the school bus to Woodford county. We live in the Clayhall/Barkingside area and was told there is a bus which operates during term time just for WCHS pupils.

Where does the bus stop?
What times does it run in the morning and after school?
How much does it cost?
Do many girls get it (especially year 7)?
Any websites where can I get more information from would be most appreciated

Thank you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:26 am
Posts: 13
Hi I am also looking for some transport from ilford . My dd will be going Woodford county this September. If you find any please tell me as well .
Regards


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 7760
Location: Essex
Faiqamir wrote:
Hi I am also looking for some transport from ilford . My dd will be going Woodford county this September. If you find any please tell me as well .
Regards


Don't Tfl buses serve WCHS?

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:52 am
Posts: 126
679 is a school bus which runs mornings and afternoons, lots of girls take that. TfL bus as far as I know.

20 also stops there but not going to Ilford area, TfL bus, some girls on.

TfL buses are free if you get the pass though this takes about 2 weeks to get.

275/179/675/W13 DD also mentioned, ones beginning with 6 are school buses. Some routes are faster than others. Some also come on tube but it is 15 mins walk from tube.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 7760
Location: Essex
Bananas wrote:
679 is a school bus which runs mornings and afternoons, lots of girls take that. TfL bus as far as I know.

20 also stops there but not going to Ilford area, TfL bus, some girls on.

TfL buses are free if you get the pass though this takes about 2 weeks to get.

275/179/675/W13 DD also mentioned, ones beginning with 6 are school buses. Some routes are faster than others. Some also come on tube but it is 15 mins walk from tube.


Assuming that one's home and the school are within reasonable walking distance of a relevant bus route, £20(?) outlay upfront for five years' bus travel must be a no brainer. Where we live, DS2's four-weekly bus season ticket costs just over twice that :shock: .

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Last edited by ToadMum on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:52 am
Posts: 126
Yes passes are well worth getting anyway - gives you child rate on tube too. Think its £15.

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/t ... his-page-2

Application process is a bit of a faff esp as we are just outside London but on tube line but it's only once every 5 years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:18 pm
Posts: 13
Thanks everyone
Will check out the bus route for 679- looks like that is the one we need.
She will have to do some quick growing up come September as I have always driven her to school.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:45 pm
Posts: 5738
Ronoli14 wrote:
Thanks everyone
Will check out the bus route for 679- looks like that is the one we need.
She will have to do some quick growing up come September as I have always driven her to school.

Honestly, she will be fine. You have plenty of time between now & September to practice & talk about "what ifs", and you will be amazed that your little girl will suddenly grow up & within a few days neither of you will think twice about the journey. It's hard to imagine when they are still at junior school.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2018