How did they find it?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Decisiontime639

Re: How did they find it?

Post by Decisiontime639 »

In dd’s class, everyone is saying they found the exam really easy.
They have all been tutored excessively.

Also surely if lots of people had to guess questions ie for nvr and synonyms, they would lower the pass mark??

Dd hasn’t talked about it since sunday. She seems to be worried about the fact that her peers apparently found it easy.

the wait feels long! :(
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Decisiontime639 wrote:In dd’s class, everyone is saying they found the exam really easy.

Also surely if lots of people had to guess questions ie for nvr and synonyms, they would lower the pass mark??

Dd hasn’t talked about it since sunday. She seems to be worried about the fact that her peers apparently found it easy.

Once one of them has said that it was 'easy' - whether they found it easy or not - it's unlikely that anyone else will pipe up with, 'Actually, I found it really hard', is it? Vying with each other to have done the best, however many questions they couldn't do, more like.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Oguledoen

Post by Oguledoen »

Decisiontime639 wrote:In dd’s class, everyone is saying they found the exam really easy.

Not a good sign. They probably guess all through.
tahm563

Post by tahm563 »

DD's best friend also said she found it easy and finished everything, which put DD in a panic mode. They went to the same tutor and DD usually always did better than her in mocks. A few of her other friends also said they finished all sections on time but found vocab hard. The wait is painful. I told DD not to stress about the outcome but to be honest I am not feeling very hopeful knowing lots of kids found it easy.
rcbhowal

Post by rcbhowal »

My son also said he was run out of time in vocabulary section and guessed for 4-5 questions. NVR he finished all. In maths he finished all except one. Verbal reasoning was good.

Overall, he said question was harder.

Finger cross " The ends well all wells".

Best of luck everybody
Susheela

Post by Susheela »

My DD found the vocabulary challenging, and that is one of her strong areas, NVR has never been her strongest area, she said she found a couple of them tricky. From the feedback I have received from other parents and children, vocabulary and NVR was a challenge for most kids.

I was checking the cut off for previous years, Woodford county seems to be higher than Chelmsford and other Essex schools.
Bananaperson

Post by Bananaperson »

Did anyone find the exam easy? Surely they will lower the pass mark?
Fingers crossed ...
Good luck everyone
Seeing as Bucks made the switch back to GL, I wonder whether Redbridge might follow suit??
I wonder How can cem be called tutor proof- if they’re asking 10 year old kids these random words which most adults haven’t even heard of, which doesnt define brightness in the slightest- it’s basically kids memorising word lists from tutors! They should focus more on other areas which prove potential rather than a ‘memory test’!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now