Out of catchment places

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nickib

Out of catchment places

Post by Nickib »

I was just curious if anyone has experience of their dc being offered an out of catchment place
Suzanne

Re: Out of catchment places

Post by Suzanne »

As far as I am aware no places has been offered ooc of Redbridge.Redbridge is an oversubscribed borough.if you are considering ilford county or Woodford you have to move before 31st of oct and inform council of your change of address.Hope that Helps
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

Thanks for your reply. We live about 200m outside catchment for Woodford which is frustrating. We can’t afford to move & quite honestly don’t think we would anyway. There are good schools around here but just wanted to let dd have a go. We’ve decided to apply for Woodford & Chelmsford. I know there’s little or no chance but it doesn’t hurt to try. Just thought I’d ask if anyone had any experiences.
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

When you say you live 200m out of catchment what do you mean? It wasn't clear to me the first time I read the info on catchment that the area extends outside Redbridge borough lines. I just thought I'd check to see you also understand this and have checked against the enlarged area?
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

We live in Dagenham. From what I understand of the catchment boundary, it appears to run along Lodge Avenue & we live on a road that is about 200m outside the boundary. That’s assuming i’ve interpreted it correctly.
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

I should add that it is the enlarged area that i’m Just outside.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

https://my.redbridge.gov.uk/map/11-comm ... hment-area

It looks like it includes both sides of Lodge Avenue, down to just above Sheppey Road?
Last edited by ToadMum on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

I can’t figure out how to get a screenshot on here but I live on Markyate Road, just off neasham road so not far outside the boundary. On the map it actually looks a lot further than it is.
Oh well, it is what it is. Thanks for all your replies x
Mum05

Post by Mum05 »

My son sat for the IIford county exams however we live in Newham Plaistow..are we within the catchment area
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Mum05 wrote:My son sat for the IIford county exams however we live in Newham Plaistow..are we within the catchment area
The map is here
https://my.redbridge.gov.uk/map/11-comm ... hment-area" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;