2020-Ilford County/Woodford County Results please post here!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
zns786

Re: 2020-Ilford County/Woodford County Results please post h

Post by zns786 »

My daughter scored 106.75. I know this is really low. Any hope?
SARmum2

Post by SARmum2 »

Kindly advise!!!

DS has scored 227 in QE test and 111.40 in Ilford County... we are more inclined towards QE than ICHS although at this time his chances of a place seem higher in ICHS...

I need advice if choosing QE as first choice on CAF will / will not jeopardise his chances at Ilford county incase he fails to secure a place at QE...

I have gone through the equal preference system guidelines online, with regards to choices made on CAF and seems like i can take the chance... have I understood it correctly?

Please advise!!!.. he is my eldest and this is the first time im going through the grammar school testing and selection system.... any advice bringing more clarity, given DS’s scores will be greatly appreciated....

Thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

SARmum2 wrote:Kindly advise!!!

DS has scored 227 in QE test and 111.40 in Ilford County... we are more inclined towards QE than ICHS although at this time his chances of a place seem higher in ICHS...

I need advice if choosing QE as first choice on CAF will / will not jeopardise his chances at Ilford county incase he fails to secure a place at QE...

I have gone through the equal preference system guidelines online, with regards to choices made on CAF and seems like i can take the chance... have I understood it correctly?

Please advise!!!.. he is my eldest and this is the first time im going through the grammar school testing and selection system.... any advice bringing more clarity, given DS’s scores will be greatly appreciated....

Thanks
(Tempted to add, Fot the umpteenth time..., sorry...)

▪︎ Put the schools in your true order of preference.
▪︎ Making sure that at least one school is one which your DC is (inasmuch as anyone can be) certain to be offered. This is usually your local non-selective school.
▪︎ If your DC could be offered a place at more than one of your preferences, the actual single offer made will be the one (of those) that you ranked above the others.
▪︎The schools do not know where you ranked them on your CAF- each ranks your application solely according to its published admissions criteria.
▪︎Not being eligible for a place at any given school on your CAF does not affect your chances of being offered any of the others.
▪︎If none of your preferences can be met, your LA will allocate a place at the nearest undersubscribed school.and only putting one school / filling your CAF with unrealistic choices does not force your LA to allocate a place at it / one of them if your DC does not qualify for a place there.

Seriously :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
SARmum2

Post by SARmum2 »

Many thanks :)... u have explained all aspects so clearly... I appreciate that v much... :)
ConfusedinEssex

Post by ConfusedinEssex »

The email from Redbridge says that the pass mark for WCHS is 104, but does that really mean that if you score more than 104 you automatically get in?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ConfusedinEssex wrote:The email from Redbridge says that the pass mark for WCHS is 104, but does that really mean that if you score more than 104 you automatically get in?
No, it is just the minimum score required to be considered eligible for a place. Actual applicants (i.e. those submitting a CAF through their home LA, naming te school as one of their preferences) will then be ranked against the school's published admissions criteria.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

zns786 wrote:My daughter scored 106.75. I know this is really low. Any hope?
Not much hope with that score. Also, it will take really a long time before you can get any clarity which can be very frustrating . You can keep some hope , but don't rely on it.
sgg

Post by sgg »

On this post someone got 131. Don't know if the paper was easy or just an exceptional child. Based on past years when the top score are higher cutoff is high and ranks on same score are lower. They should provide rank with score as well so that parents can make informed choice
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

yleeofgod wrote:Hooray, I've just found it on my email inbox. My DD has got 131.71. I hope her place at Woodford is secure and she can go to school with her sister who is in yr 8.
On a lighter note , 131.71 combined with sibling priority should be ok I assume. :lol:

Great stuff. Many congratulations!
prishna

Post by prishna »

we didnt know CEM exam scores can be shared and has registered only at redbridge. Is there anything we can do so that we can opt now for chelmsford as well
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now