2020-Ilford County/Woodford County Results please post here!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

DowntoEarth

Re: 2020-Ilford County/Woodford County Results please post h

Post by DowntoEarth »

My daughter scored 131.78, her hard work and determination yielded results.
Plump

Post by Plump »

hello,

Does anyone know if the lowest score offered last year for WCHS (given in the email from Redbridge as 110.22) is the figure for March allocations or the lowest score that secured a place by the beginning of the school year? Just wondering if my daughter’s score of 112 will likely mean a long wait over summer....
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

Plump wrote:hello,

Does anyone know if the lowest score offered last year for WCHS (given in the email from Redbridge as 110.22) is the figure for March allocations or the lowest score that secured a place by the beginning of the school year? Just wondering if my daughter’s score of 112 will likely mean a long wait over summer....
I think it's by the beginning of the school year. Check this post:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 4&start=80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A girl with 109.47 was allocated place sometime back. What is the exact score? Is this 112.00 ? Decimal places are equally significant.
Plump

Post by Plump »

Just got this confirmation from Redbridge Admissions:

“ Thank you for your email, the last allocated score is that of the place offered on National Offer Day 1 March 2019, this information has to be provided as it is the published information. ”

So I guess this means that, by the time those on the waiting list received offers, the lowest score to secure a place was lower than the published score
Wearesmashingit

Post by Wearesmashingit »

DowntoEarth wrote:My daughter scored 131.78, her hard work and determination yielded results.

That is very high score! Definitely talented, hard working DD - congrats
My daughter has 121.91 although I was hoping she has around 125 ( she told me it was very very easy). I am putting CCHS as 3rd choice as Colchs as first choice..
kopper

Post by kopper »

Is it a risk to put WCHS as first choice with a score of 106? The email said marks above 104 can be considered and be put on a waiting list.

My worry is that it's is highly unlikely be enough and by the time the waiting list places have been allocated and we miss out, our Second choice school will also have a waiting list by then.

Shall I just make the second choice as first choice now and avoid the grief later?

Thanks
DSDSDD

Post by DSDSDD »

kopper wrote:Is it a risk to put WCHS as first choice with a score of 106? The email said marks above 104 can be considered and be put on a waiting list.

My worry is that it's is highly unlikely be enough and by the time the waiting list places have been allocated and we miss out, our Second choice school will also have a waiting list by then.

Shall I just make the second choice as first choice now and avoid the grief later?

Thanks
Put your school choices in your true preferred order.

If you place WCHS as 1st choice, (which will put you on the waiting list), but do meet the admissions criteria for your 2nd choice (i.e. catchment (if any), score/rank), then you will not miss out on your 2nd choice.
DSDSDD

Post by DSDSDD »

Wearesmashingit wrote:
DowntoEarth wrote:My daughter scored 131.78, her hard work and determination yielded results.

That is very high score! Definitely talented, hard working DD - congrats
My daughter has 121.91 although I was hoping she has around 125 ( she told me it was very very easy). I am putting CCHS as 3rd choice as Colchs as first choice..
Do you currently reside in Redbridge, but are looking to relocate to somewhere within reasonable proximity of Colchester?
SCORE

Post by SCORE »

My daughter scored 112.37 any chance of being offered in first round?
Blossom8

Post by Blossom8 »

I know a few girls with scores of either 110 or 112 and on this forum 131! I think we get a better idea how this year’s sitters done in their scores which I think is published on the Redbridge admissions website this Friday.