2020-Ilford County/Woodford County Results please post here!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: 2020-Ilford County/Woodford County Results please post h

Post by ToadMum »

dk2011 wrote:
yleeofgod wrote:Hooray, I've just found it on my email inbox. My DD has got 131.71. I hope her place at Woodford is secure and she can go to school with her sister who is in yr 8.
On a lighter note , 131.71 combined with sibling priority should be ok I assume. :lol:

Great stuff. Many congratulations!
No sibling priority at WCHS.

https://www.woodford.redbridge.sch.uk/p ... re&pid=115

Incidentally, this school has one of the best explanations of how and why you need to rank your preferences that I have come across :). Perhaps Forum Admin should have it (without mention of the actual school, of course - that would be a little confusing anywhere but Redbridge :lol:) running as a banner on this site in September and October?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

ToadMum wrote:
dk2011 wrote:
yleeofgod wrote:Hooray, I've just found it on my email inbox. My DD has got 131.71. I hope her place at Woodford is secure and she can go to school with her sister who is in yr 8.
On a lighter note , 131.71 combined with sibling priority should be ok I assume. :lol:

Great stuff. Many congratulations!
No sibling priority at WCHS.

https://www.woodford.redbridge.sch.uk/p ... re&pid=115

Incidentally, this school has one of the best explanations of how and why you need to rank your preferences that I have come across :). Perhaps Forum Admin should have it (without mention of the actual school, of course - that would be a little confusing anywhere but Redbridge :lol:) running as a banner on this site in September and October?
:lol: Good idea.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

ToadMum wrote:Incidentally, this school has one of the best explanations of how and why you need to rank your preferences that I have come across :). Perhaps Forum Admin should have it (without mention of the actual school, of course - that would be a little confusing anywhere but Redbridge :lol:) running as a banner on this site in September and October?
It really is super clear, isn't it? All schools could and should take note - especially those perennial offenders who don't make it clear to parents...
sgg

Post by sgg »

prishna wrote:we didnt know CEM exam scores can be shared and has registered only at redbridge. Is there anything we can do so that we can opt now for chelmsford as well
in outside catchment category more competition in chelmsford. Unless you are planning to shift to chelmsford, redbridge might be easier commute and selection wise.
Dont think you can apply after the results as chelmsford wont have her result and not standardised her.
Blossom8

Post by Blossom8 »

sgg wrote:
prishna wrote:we didnt know CEM exam scores can be shared and has registered only at redbridge. Is there anything we can do so that we can opt now for chelmsford as well
in outside catchment category more competition in chelmsford. Unless you are planning to shift to chelmsford, redbridge might be easier commute and selection wise.
Dont think you can apply after the results as chelmsford wont have her result and not standardised her.
Doesn't Chelmsford have around 12 miles catchment area? Personally I think its too far to travel from here in any event.
sgg

Post by sgg »

Blossom8 wrote:
sgg wrote:
Doesn't Chelmsford have around 12 miles catchment area? Personally I think its too far to travel from here in any event.
yes , however redbridge is around 25 miles as prishna had only applied in Redbridge assumed they would be based here
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The address used by both KEGS and CCHS is the applicant's permanent address as at September 1st of year 6.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

ToadMum wrote:The address used by both KEGS and CCHS is the applicant's permanent address as at September 1st of year 6.
So, he should already be attending a local school or at least should have applied for a place in year 6 with LA ?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

dk2011 wrote:
ToadMum wrote:The address used by both KEGS and CCHS is the applicant's permanent address as at September 1st of year 6.
So, he should already be attending a local school or at least should have applied for a place in year 6 with LA ?
Wherever at school (it would be looked at a little squintwise if the child was still attending a state school miles OOC, possibly less so if an indie), the home address has to be within the 12.5 mile radius from at least September 1st to be assessed as IC for admissions purposes. And KEGS certainly do check up, if address fraud is suspected. Less suspicion re not moving schools if moving from just over the boundary to just within it, possibly - rather than to one's forever dream family home just down the road from KEGS, which just happens to be a one bedroom flat :shock: - but the actual move might attract more scrutiny, I suppose, as less far to just pop back to the original address.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

ToadMum wrote:
dk2011 wrote:
Wherever at school (it would be looked at a little squintwise if the child was still attending a state school miles OOC, possibly less so if an indie), the home address has to be within the 12.5 mile radius from at least September 1st to be assessed as IC for admissions purposes. And KEGS certainly do check up, if address fraud is suspected. Less suspicion re not moving schools if moving from just over the boundary to just within it, possibly - rather than to one's forever dream family home just down the road from KEGS, which just happens to be a one bedroom flat :shock: - but the actual move might attract more scrutiny, I suppose, as less far to just pop back to the original address.
Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now