Ilford county high school or local independent school?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Arrowana

Ilford county high school or local independent school?

Post by Arrowana »

If there was a choice, would you choose Ilford county high for your DS or one of the local independent schools- Bancroft, Chigwell or Forest?
Blossom8

Re: Ilford county high school or local independent school?

Post by Blossom8 »

I assume you have visited all the schools? There are various factors to consider which ultimately will make your decision. Affordability, other sacrifices if paying school fees will leave you less financially comfortable, travel route, extra curricular activities, academics, what school would be a better fit for your son, etc.
Arrowana

Post by Arrowana »

Yes we have visited all the schools. Assuming you're equidistance to all of them and you can manage the fees. I did think about the extra curricular activities, but i could add a paid for club after school. i want to get a feel if the fees are worth it, because the grammar school results are similar/better then some private schools in the area. Just wanted to see what other peoples thoughts were on this.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

You are right to question what you are actually paying for.

We turned down City, Habs and St Albans because for us the state option had more to offer and no fees.

But some parents do pay for aspects that they feel are worth paying for such as " a better class of friends."

Others believe that other things such as pastoral support, quality of teaching and sports facilities are superior.

Only you can decide if there is anything at these schools worth paying for for your family. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now