Special Needs - arrrangements in Redbridge

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
exam2019

Special Needs - arrrangements in Redbridge

Post by exam2019 »

Hello

I'm hoping that someone here can help with some specific local advice?

I can't get a reply from admissions - presumably because they are snowed under dealing with the 2021 admissions and I'm interest in DD's application for 2021.

DD has dyslexia which is mild. The school didn't notice. Then again they didn't notice my son was on the autism spectrum until I organised the diagnosis and an EHCP, so they have a track record of being confused by able children who also have difficulties.

2 Years ago I commissioned a private assessment because her self esteem was very low and she was making scary statements. The report was really helpful and boosted her confidence. So it did what we needed at that time.

However now that we have started DIY prepping for the 11+ I can see that her dyslexia is going to be a significant barrier, due to the time pressure of the test. She will need extra time to compensate for her difficulties with memory and processing.

However I am aware that The Latymer School will only accept a dyslexia report if commissioned by the school and/or a Local Authority professional.

Is this the same in Redbridge?
If you have successfully submitted evidence, any advice?

Thanks!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now