11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Blossom8

Woodford County High School results for 2020 entry are out

Post by Blossom8 »

Mine got 118.23. What a journey!
sgg

Re: Woodford County High School results for 2020 entry are o

Post by sgg »

Blossom8 wrote:Mine got 118.23. What a journey!

Do you know how others faired , as on other board someone's DD got 131 which is like highest ever.
If the test was easy cutoff would be impacted
Blossom8

Post by Blossom8 »

sgg wrote:
Blossom8 wrote:Mine got 118.23. What a journey!

Do you know how others faired , as on other board someone's DD got 131 which is like highest ever.
If the test was easy cutoff would be impacted
Not many are posting. There's a few on another separate thread together with IC and a few have got 113 and 114. Yes the one that got 131 didn't do too bad :)
Bumblebee27

Post by Bumblebee27 »

My daughter got 120 :)
Blossom8

Post by Blossom8 »

Bumblebee27 wrote:My daughter got 120 :)
Well done to your daughter. I don't know much about the school, I assume it's good and worth all the stress in getting in?
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

Blossom8 wrote:
Well done to your daughter. I don't know much about the school, I assume it's good and worth all the stress in getting in?
The school is really good. My daughter had this , as her third preference (After WHSG and SHSG) . I stay in east London and my office is in central London. None of us like to travel far. So, we decided in favor of WoodFord, and she is very happy there.
One need to have an open mind. If you are going there with preconceived notion , even an insignificant problem would look like a big issue. This is my personal view.
Blossom8

Post by Blossom8 »

dk2011 wrote:
Blossom8 wrote:
The school is really good. My daughter had this , as her third preference (After WHSG and SHSG) . I stay in east London and my office is in central London. None of us like to travel far. So, we decided in favor of WoodFord, and she is very happy there.
One need to have an open mind. If you are going there with preconceived notion , even an insignificant problem would look like a big issue. This is my personal view.
That's reassuring thank you dk2011. Do you reckon a score of 118 is comfortable to secure an offer in March? My DD loved the school during our visit on open day. May I ask a few questions please, what is the pastoral care like, are school dinners any good and do they get a lot of daily homework? Thanks
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

That's reassuring thank you dk2011. Do you reckon a score of 118 is comfortable to secure an offer in March? My DD loved the school during our visit on open day. May I ask a few questions please, what is the pastoral care like, are school dinners any good and do they get a lot of daily homework? Thanks[/quote]

It looks like scores are high this year , but I strongly feel 118 should get an offer in March. Is it exactly 118? Decimal places are equally significant.

It does have a therapist , and they care well. Regarding school dinner , my daughter is a vegetarian , so not many choices for her. However , she told me there are more options for those who likes non veg. They get daily home work ,and it is manageable. Please let me know if you have any further query.
Blossom8

Post by Blossom8 »

dk2011 wrote:That's reassuring thank you dk2011. Do you reckon a score of 118 is comfortable to secure an offer in March? My DD loved the school during our visit on open day. May I ask a few questions please, what is the pastoral care like, are school dinners any good and do they get a lot of daily homework? Thanks
It looks like scores are high this year , but I strongly feel 118 should get an offer in March. Is it exactly 118? Decimal places are equally significant.

It does have a therapist , and they care well. Regarding school dinner , my daughter is a vegetarian , so not many choices for her. However , she told me there are more options for those who likes non veg. They get daily home work ,and it is manageable. Please let me know if you have any further query.[/quote]

Thanks very much. So I see two posters on here with their daughters obtaining 131; in my daughter's class, quite a few either didn't make the threshold or were between 104-112. She received 118.23 and I'm really hoping that is good enough.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

Blossom8 wrote:
dk2011 wrote:That's reassuring thank you dk2011. Do you reckon a score of 118 is comfortable to secure an offer in March? My DD loved the school during our visit on open day. May I ask a few questions please, what is the pastoral care like, are school dinners any good and do they get a lot of daily homework? Thanks

It does have a therapist , and they care well. Regarding school dinner , my daughter is a vegetarian , so not many choices for her. However , she told me there are more options for those who likes non veg. They get daily home work ,and it is manageable. Please let me know if you have any further query.
Thanks very much. So I see two posters on here with their daughters obtaining 131; in my daughter's class, quite a few either didn't make the threshold or were between 104-112. She received 118.23 and I'm really hoping that is good enough.[/quote]

Ok. You shouldn't be surprised if you find a few scores between 118 and 118.23. One thing I can say with full confidence that 118.23 will definitely get a place before school starts if not in March itself. All the best!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now