Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kindsoul

how to get lower prefernce school in CAF

Post by kindsoul »

Hello all,

We are in redbridge borough.

I am hoping someone would have some experience in similar situations.

Due to some recent developments,
I would like my son should go to the school listed as 5th preference in CAF form.

He will more likely going to be offered the school that is listed as 2nd prefernce in CAF form.

I would like to know if there is any way to opt for school listed as 5th preference after national offer day.what it involves ?Please advise.

I sent an email to admissions, not received any reply yet.
yoyo123

Re: how to get lower prefernce school in CAF

Post by yoyo123 »

Wait until allocation day and then appeal for the school you want.

Haveca look at the Q&A’s on appeal section
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

yoyo123 wrote:Wait until allocation day and then appeal for the school you want.

Haveca look at the Q&A’s on appeal section
^ this and also remember don't reject the school you are offered as you may end up with nowhere, accepting it will make no difference to your application for your 5th place school
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Strictly speaking, the right to appeal is only given by being turned down and having your application disregarded because you were allocated a higher preference doesn't cover this. However, your neighbouring LA, Essex, does confer the right of appeal to lower preferences, so this is something you need to check with Redbridge.

But... Please don't just appeal and not also reapply for the lower preference school. If you would have got a place at that school if it had been your highest (effective) preference, then 1) you would have a reasonable chance of a place from the waiting list before the appeals are heard and 2) success at appeal is by no means a foregone conclusion- and if your appeal is unsuccessful, but others are, even if you then reapply and join the waiting list, even more places will have to be given up before the next place is offered out. The school has to go below PAN before they offer again, not just have a child leave / not turn up in September.

From the way that Redbridge words its advice, I would assume that in order to appeal for a place at a lower preference school, you would actually have to make a reapplication / request reactivation of your original application.
https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/schools/admission-appeals/
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx