School - Ilford County or Woodford County
Score -
Preference - 1st / 2nd / etc.
Offered / Not offered
WL position-
Mumsmi

Re: Redbridge Ilford County / Woodford County - 2021 Offers

Post by Mumsmi »

Hi, I have just logged in to eadmissions and we have been given our 2nd choice state school, which we were expecting. However the application form does not have Woodford county as the first choice?! We made the amendment by 10 December once results were realised - as advised. Anyone know what we do now? Contact our LA?
Twirl

Post by Twirl »

Hi mumsmi,

I think when you make changes, the electronic version on eadmissions does not get updated. That is my understanding. I would definitely however contact the LA just to make sure your new preferences were noted as lots of LAs make errors!
Twirl

Post by Twirl »

Hi all,

We have got our second choice which was Colchester county high for girls - this school was my daughters first choice so she is very excited!

Does anyone know what kind of scores girls have got in at Woodford? Want to gauge an idea of cut off score. LA won’t let us know till later.
Mumsmi

Post by Mumsmi »

Thanks for the reply, we’ll give them a call tomorrow.
devg

Post by devg »

Hi,

I am not sure of the cut off score. But our daughter had scored 112.1 and she was offered a place at Woodford today.
Mumsmi

Post by Mumsmi »

Congrats!
Anyone know how we find out our Waiting list position for Woodford county?
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

Hi,
The cut off score for WCHS is 109.28 and for ICHS is 108.03.(Updated on the Redbridge Website 2021 entry)
My daughter will be on the waiting list as she is very close to this score.
Mumsmi, you will be able to find your daughter’s WL position after March 15 from the Redbridge Website.
Is there anyone else here close to this score? Will be nice to know. Well done to all the students!
Mumsmi

Post by Mumsmi »

Thank you for your reply Sophia, fingers crossed you find out soon. I’ll check on the website on 15th - cut off Seems a bit lower then last year so who knows for us. Still a long shot but we’ll see.
Twirl

Post by Twirl »

Hi Sophia,

Thank you so much for this is vital info!

The score is much lower than expected. My daughter is also on the waiting list - she is 22 place down from last offered. I worry though because the waiting list movement hasn’t been great the past year. My daughter has her heart set on going Colchester which is where she has got a place. I would ideally like her to go to Woodford as her older sister is there. Good luck everyone.

I would just like to say to parents that are disheartened about not getting their child into a grammar - please don’t be. I know you and your child worked very hard towards it but please remember, your child will do well no matter where they go...it’s all about the attitude to learning. If they have good attitude and the hunger to do well...then they will!