Exam dates clash

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shiv07

Exam dates clash

Post by shiv07 »

I am really disappointed in new system where Redbridge is not allowing to share exam results for CEM with Chelmsford girls school anymore. They have also scheduled exam date on the same day as CSSC.
So basically children will not have choice anymore to choose the school they prefer.
Why would they be so unfair.Many families move from Redbridge to essex to buy a home near the school their chidren manage to qualify.
Anyone has any idea if this decision can be challenged?
ToadMum

Re: Exam dates clash

Post by ToadMum »

shiv07 wrote:I am really disappointed in new system where Redbridge is not allowing to share exam results for CEM with Chelmsford girls school anymore. They have also scheduled exam date on the same day as CSSC.
So basically children will not have choice anymore to choose the school they prefer.
Why would they be so unfair.Many families move from Redbridge to essex to buy a home near the school their chidren manage to qualify.
Anyone has any idea if this decision can be challenged?

Redbridge appears to be using a different test this year, which is why you cannot have the raw scores used for standardising for CCHS.

https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/schools/redbridge-11-plus/
Please be advised: : This year the two Redbridge Grammar schools will no longer be participating in the test normally shared with the following schools...

And I don't know if we are looking at the same website, but when I looked just now, CCHS says:

The Entrance Test is planned to take place on Saturday 11 September 2021. This date will be subject to any DFE and Public Health England guidance and restrictions in place. Any change to this date will be communicated to all Entrance Test candidates.

http://www.cchs.co.uk/admission-to-year ... mber-2022/

Whereas Redbridge says:

The entrance test is confirmed to take place on Saturday 18 September 2021. 

So not on the same day?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
shiv07

Post by shiv07 »

Thankyou for your response. I have a boy so for me CSSC and Redbridge exam are clashing on 18th September.
My friend has a daughter and she said about the "not sharing result rule" by Redbridge for Chelmsford girls. I wasn't aware that they are on separate dates. At least they have option to appear for test for both schools.
But CSSC and Redbridge exam are on the same day. Wondering if something can be done about that.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Which is CSSC? I get confused with the Essex schools
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:Which is CSSC? I get confused with the Essex schools
It's not CSSC, it's the CSSE (Consortium of Selective Schools in Essex). It covers the Colchester grammar schools, KEGS in Chelmsford, the four grammar schools in the Borough of Southend on Sea and three partially selective schools in Southend, St Thomas More, St Bernard's and Shoeburyness High.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Looks like it is the 18th https://csse.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... 6-4-21.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Ever since the CSSE moved the date of testing forward from November to September (2013 entry), the CSSE test has been on the penultimate Saturday in September. There has never been a clash with the test date for CCHS, which from the time it left the consortium has used the same CEM test that Redbridge is now dropping, with the CCHS exam being the weekend before the CSSEtest. So the decision to change the date of the exam appears to have been made by Redbridge?
trying11stuff

Post by trying11stuff »

If you email CSSE, they will give you an alternate date.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now