Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: Help - Ilford County Waiting List

Post by ToadMum »

arifa130 wrote:Thank you for that explanation it makes sense
but
wouldnt the students that ranked/scored higher than my DS already have been offered a place on National Offer Day?
If they a) apiece and b) ranked the school above any other for which they applied and qualified for a place.

e.g. someone living in Ilford, scored 125 in the Redbridge test, who also sat the CSSE test and scored, say 360, could have ranked KEGS, CRGS and Westcliff above ICHS and been offered CRGS as the highest ranked school on their list for which their DS's score was sufficient. But then, mum looks on here and sees all the comments about people who send their 11 year olds on a 98-mile round trip five days a week being stark, staring and mad, in precisely that order :lol:, comes to her senses and asks to have her DS put on the waiting list for ICHS. 125 being way above the score of the last boy offered on March 1st, he would go to the top, or very near, of the waiting list
arifa130

Post by arifa130 »

Thank you so much ToadMum for your explanation - It does seem unfair that a child scoring higher would be offered a place over a first choice low score. In my opinion it should be considered a late application -

Anyhow, after a lot of waiting on a phone, and a strong email - the waiting list positions have now been adjusted and 'run' - my DS is on position 3.....
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

arifa130 wrote:Thank you so much ToadMum for your explanation - It does seem unfair that a child scoring higher would be offered a place over a first choice low score. In my opinion it should be considered a late application -

Anyhow, after a lot of waiting on a phone, and a strong email - the waiting list positions have now been adjusted and 'run' - my DS is on position 3.....
It is illegal for an admission authority to allocate places on the basis of where a particular school was ranked by the parent. Applicants must be ranked according to the published criteria (of which 'first preference first' cannot be one). The applicant's home LA must then look at all the schools which the applicant named and which are able to offer a place, and allocates the DC a place at the their highest preference from those schools.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now