CEM end of section buzzer

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
OverEagerDad

CEM end of section buzzer

Post by OverEagerDad »

I have looked a little bit but couldn’t find an answer….promise!!

Is there any buzzer or warning given to the kids to say you have 1 min left or is it more likely to be a times up pencils down type affair.

Thanks in advance

OED
2Socks

Re: CEM end of section buzzer

Post by 2Socks »

I think this may depend on the region. A couple of years ago DD had a time warning in Gloucestershire, but I'd suggest contacting the school that your DC is going to sit the test at.
OverEagerDad

Post by OverEagerDad »

Ta
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

Hi

I thought the instructions were either recorded or read out. I think it includes a 'minutes to go' reminder but not 100% sure. Our area has familiarisation material (eg examples of the type of question, how to mark the answer booklet) available for you to look at.

Hope that helps.
OverEagerDad

Post by OverEagerDad »

Thanks Octsmum

Ive seen and gone through the familiarisation booklet, but I couldn’t explicitly see if a warning notification is given or not.

Do you think the school would let me know if I asked direct? I suppose it is easy enough to find out.

Thanks

OED
question

Post by question »

Hiya,

Great question!! It does not tell you on the familiarisation booklet! My child has done 2 mocks now (different providers) :roll: and on both warnings were spread out differently.
OverEagerDad

Post by OverEagerDad »

Octsmum wrote:Hi

I thought the instructions were either recorded or read out. I think it includes a 'minutes to go' reminder but not 100% sure. Our area has familiarisation material (eg examples of the type of question, how to mark the answer booklet) available for you to look at.

Hope that helps.
Rang them and it’s this, pre-recorded with warnings.

Thanks all
Annie42

Post by Annie42 »

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and think I saw another post from you in Lancashire section (BRGS) - I remember as Lancashire is so quiet! If so then I had exactly same question last year and can confirm there were time warnings in the most recent year at least when my eldest sat it. I never thought to call the school but think I read it somewhere in the end in the practice materials they provided.
OverEagerDad

Post by OverEagerDad »

Thanks, not long now, about a month to go!!
question

Post by question »

indeed!! really stuck with what to do with my DD in the run up.. as I feel she has reached her peak.. what are you guys doing?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now