CEM Vocabulary

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Aethel

Re: CEM Vocabulary

Post by Aethel »

*cough* I think the forum T&C repeatedly ask that any actual exam content not be posted on the forum. That goes for actual vocab questions as much as maths/NVR.

CEM re-use the same papers for late sitters in many areas, so if I tell you that the words
X, y and z came up, that's advantaging kids (very minimally) who move into the area, and could (potentially) mean someone's DC on the waiting list not getting a place in the next round.
RomfordDad

Post by RomfordDad »

Aethel wrote:*cough* I think the forum T&C repeatedly ask that any actual exam content not be posted on the forum.
If that were the case, I'm sure this particular thread (and list maintained by Moderator herself!) would long be removed by the admins and users wouldn't continually refer to it, wouldn't it?
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

There's a difference between "these are words that have appeared before/would be sensible to know/are the likely level of vocabulary expected" and "give us actual word lists from last year", that's all I'm saying.

I shall return.... Interfrastically.....
RomfordDad

Post by RomfordDad »

Aethel wrote:There's a difference between "these are words that have appeared before/would be sensible to know/are the likely level of vocabulary expected" and "give us actual word lists from last year", that's all I'm saying.
Sure there is, but I believe this thread is about the latter, citing the first sentence of the first post:

"Please post words that have been used in Real CEM Tests"
StackOverFlow

Post by StackOverFlow »

To be 100% transparent, some followed up posts on this thread had been deleted by Moderator @mitasol quietly on rules that "Any post deemed to be promotion of a product or service, whether related to the 11+ or not, whether explicit or implicit, will be treated as spam."

All because in a post following this (back to March 17 I think) I vaguely mentioned I am working on some learning tools.

That wont deter me to share learning skills - be it vocabulary building or self-managed. Just need to be more *careful*.

My DS got in the top 30% on Reading Boy 11+ entrance exam for 2018. We are very proud that he is on his own paced self-managed study and he had not missed any of his sports clubs or xbox.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Please note that when you signed up to the forum you agreed to abide by the rules, including not advertising and accepting that moderators' decisions were final
StackOverFlow

Post by StackOverFlow »

I do respect your moderator's decision and abide by your rules.
I am disputing the way you handled it is at lack of transparency.
I am happy to take this offline to discuss.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now