Format for answers in CEM

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Northdad

Format for answers in CEM

Post by Northdad »

I believe I know the answer to this but I would be grateful for your thoughts.

The answer to a question in CGP was a ratio of 8:7. The answer sheet has spaces for the answer as - - : - - Additionally, the columns underneath require that the child places a line through the correct numbers.

DD has marked the answer sheet with 08:07 as opposed to - 8:7-

('- ' means a gap.)

Is this correct?
Aethel

Re: Format for answers in CEM

Post by Aethel »

From the examples I've seen in question books, if there are two digits in the andwer you need to include the 0, so it would
Be 07:08

However, it looks a bit sloppy and the better arranged papers should only have one number space, or I've seen some where there is a box for the numbers to be written and then the corresponding line of strike boxes underneath for the child to transcribe their line answer for the code reader: like this:

7 : 8
0 0
0 0
0 0
0 0
0 0
0 0
0 0
0 0
UmSusu

Re: Format for answers in CEM

Post by UmSusu »

It might vary according to area, so I suggest look carefully at the familiarisation booklet. The Birmingham one stated 07:08 would be the correct format (see final page):

https://www.birminghamgrammarschools.or ... stions.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UmSusu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now