Is it necessary to do Non- VR for grammar or Independant sch

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
omismum

Is it necessary to do Non- VR for grammar or Independant sch

Post by omismum »

Hello

I am looking for boys grammar schools and Independent schools for my son. I went thru the 11+journy with my daughter few years back but now I feel the things have changed. I believe they are not doing VR and NVR at all in any of the schools any more.
My question is ,is it ok to do just maths and English to prepare for 11+ for Grammar school or Independent schools?
Thanks
Tinkers

Re: Is it necessary to do Non- VR for grammar or Independant

Post by Tinkers »

Quite a lot of grammar schools now use CEM and most of those include NVR. It's a case of looking at the individual schools you are considering.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This will depend on where you are based. The most common CEM format includes NVR and some of the indies still use NVR but some don't. DG
Liddle

Post by Liddle »

omismum wrote:Hello

I am looking for boys grammar schools and Independent schools for my son. I went thru the 11+journy with my daughter few years back but now I feel the things have changed. I believe they are not doing VR and NVR at all in any of the schools any more.
My question is ,is it ok to do just maths and English to prepare for 11+ for Grammar school or Independent schools?
Thanks
This depends on what school you wish to apply to. Ring them up individually and ask them what their requirements are.

I applied to Grammar Schools and Independent Schools in S.E London. All of them required NVR, VR, English, Maths, Creative Writing and two did the CEM Durham test.