APPS for iPhone or ipad

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wicksy

APPS for iPhone or ipad

Post by wicksy »

Hello

A friend of mine was asking if there are any good apps to download when they are on holiday. His daughter is taking Bucks CEM in September.

Does anyone know any good ones?

Thanks in advance.
SecretSquiggle

Re: APPS for iPhone or ipad

Post by SecretSquiggle »

Hi,

I bought the First Past the Post (FPTP) 11+ vocab app for the iPad for my daughter. It includes synonyms, synonym pairs, compound words, spelling etc. It's very functional and not much fun to be honest, but as a drilling exercise it's good.

My DD doesn't use it very often but will occasionally take it along on a car journey and has done most of the exercises. Vocab was a particular weakness of hers but I think there are other FPTP apps available.

DD prefers to play learning games such as Luminosity, Elevate and Peak which are not specifically tailored for the 11+ but I think they help with arithmetic, mental agility and memory skills.

I think those games with the FPTP apps should be a good combination for holiday.

SS :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now