Bond online for CEM?

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ConfusedFather

Bond online for CEM?

Post by ConfusedFather »

Anyone here tried Bond online and if it is any good?
Ashu

Re: Bond online for CEM?

Post by Ashu »

We are in Warwickshire - Eastern area, I had it for DD.
Found it good at the start but then later the questions started repeating... I would say do it in the last 4-5 months, as questions were repeating... and DD got bored from it.
SecretSquiggle

Re: Bond online for CEM?

Post by SecretSquiggle »

My DD has just sat the 11+ and she's done pretty well.

We used this for around 5 months, maybe once a week, if that. I agree with Ashu. It's a bit of a novelty if DC likes using computers.

It's not amazing for CEM, although you do have access to all the 21 different NVR types etc.

The other thing I'd point out is that the scoring is really harsh, especially as CEM is multiple-choice, so you get a mark for every answer. On the Bond Online site, there could be a 3-part question and unless you get all the 3 parts correct you don't get a mark which means DC might score 40% instead of 70% which is very disheartening.

It's a pay-as-you-go type system, so you could try it out for a month and see if you like it. There are mock tests on there but again, from what I remember it's not really like the actual CEM 11+ (and it was a bit boring)

HTH