Is it worth re-doing prep material previously done?

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
brum_mum

Is it worth re-doing prep material previously done?

Post by brum_mum »

Hi all,
What are peoples thoughts on kids re-doing the mocks and 10minute tests they've done already. The gap will only be a few weeks since the last time da did it.
I recognised it wont be a true mark that's reflected but how about from the perspective of review?
I'm wondering of it will be beneficial to re-do just to have more exposure on how to approach the maths problems he has previously been stuck on and the vocabulary that he previously didn't know.
Or better to press on with continually new material?
Hera

Re: Is it worth re-doing prep material previously done?

Post by Hera »

Particularity for the verbal reasoning re-doing papers can consolidate new vocabulary. In my experience it was a really positive thing to do in papers where they hadn't scored very highly. I did a mix of old and new in the run up to the exams.
StowMum

Post by StowMum »

Hera wrote:Particularity for the verbal reasoning re-doing papers can consolidate new vocabulary. In my experience it was a really positive thing to do in papers where they hadn't scored very highly. I did a mix of old and new in the run up to the exams.
Totally agree, DS has started re-doing old 10 min tests and this has been invaluable as we are able to see if he has understood the concepts he got wrong the first time and also to ensure his vocabulary has increased with the words he got wrong the first time.

StowMum
brum_mum

Post by brum_mum »

Thanks. That's what I was hoping.