NVR topics to focus for CEM

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Susheela

NVR topics to focus for CEM

Post by Susheela »

Hi,

My DD is going to be sitting the Redbridge and Bexley CEM exams this September, she finds some areas of NVR challenging. What areas of NVR should we mainly focus on in these two months leading up to the exams?

Thank you
Guest55

Re: NVR topics to focus for CEM

Post by Guest55 »

You seem to have started three identical threads?

We do not know what your child is struggling with ... anything could come up in CEM.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I’ve linked these duplicates into one thread so any replies will be collated.
Susheela

Post by Susheela »

Guest55 wrote:You seem to have started three identical threads?

We do not know what your child is struggling with ... anything could come up in CEM.
True anything can come up in the CEM exams, but certain types have not so far appeared in CEM, however from the information I have gathered I know that for the past couple of years matrices and analogies have been seen. For instance my daughter struggles with nets of cubes, are there are any areas that we should be particularly focusing on for CEM?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Best tip for CEM seems to be expected the unexpected, so prepare your DC for that. CEM could throw in something not seen before, or something not seen for a while. No one can predict what they might or might not put in.

Make sure your child can cope with something completely new without being thrown by it and look at all sorts of types of NVR.