Bond CEM series book suggestions

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
reach4thesky

Bond CEM series book suggestions

Post by reach4thesky »

Hello,

This is my first post although I have been lurking on the forums for couple of days gathering information and tips. Have to admit this forum has been an immense help. My dd will be sitting her exam next year, CEM syllabus. I have come across books from different publishers CGP, Letts, FPTP and Bond for CEM. However I am quite confused about what books in particular to use from the Bond CEM series. They seem to have quite a lot of options including 10 minute tests, Assessment papers, Stretch Practice and Test Papers. Not sure where to start from. Can anyone please help me in this regard. Also will be helpful if you could provide feedback and tips about Letts and FPTP books too.

Thanks
Daogroupie

Re: Bond CEM series book suggestions

Post by Daogroupie »

Which CEM exam are you doing?

I suggest you start with ten minute tests. DG
Taraific

Post by Taraific »

This year was my first time preparing for the CEM test for Bexley. We started with the Bond assessment papers and then moved over to the stretch papers once we had exhausted the former. However, if i was in a position to give myself advice a year ago, I would of said - start preparing for the time constraints early. My DD was scoring good marks in the bond assessment papers, as i allowed her to finish when she casually wanted. As soon as we moved over to the CEM Letts practice papers (at the beginning of the summer holidays) - we've struggled with getting the timing right. Good luck on your 11+ Journey!
reach4thesky

Post by reach4thesky »

Thank you for your valuable input.. :) will be doing Gloucestershire CEM exam.
authormum

Post by authormum »

reach4thesky wrote:Thank you for your valuable input.. :) will be doing Gloucestershire CEM exam.
Come on over to the Gloucestershire Forum!
I would say that general consensus is the CGP ones are the most helpful for the Glos test.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now