Berks 11+ CEM Vocab (synonyms, antonyms, homophones)

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BerksParent

Berks 11+ CEM Vocab (synonyms, antonyms, homophones)

Post by BerksParent »

Hi,

Does anyone have a list of vocabulary words which appear in the 11+ CEM exam. I am looking for Synonyms, antonyms, homophones etc list.

Thanks in advance.
mad?

Re: Berks 11+ CEM Vocab (synonyms, antonyms, homophones)

Post by mad? »

Are you looking at Berks? (I ask because of your username).

This list is not Berks specific but you might like to take a look.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 70&t=38525" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is the CEM 11+ vocabulary thread on the section you have posted in.
Good luck.
mad?
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

BerksParent wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have a list of vocabulary words which appear in the 11+ CEM exam. I am looking for Synonyms, antonyms, homophones etc list.

Thanks in advance.
Hello Berks Parent, welcome to the forum.
Using vocab lists will only bring limited benefit as generally the meaning of those words is not understood within a context. What would be better is to encourage your child to read a variety of books; when they come across words that they don't know the meaning of, get them to record such words, find the meaning, see how it was used in the context of the reading material; get them to formulate a few sentences using the word.
BerksParent

Post by BerksParent »

Yes I am from Slough and preparing my daughter for Slough grammar school. I was looking for a book/resource where there are word/meaning and then exercise for those words. and then next set of words with meanings and their questions....
~
Shee

Post by Shee »

Hi, First Past The Post Vocabulary In Context is great for words in context. Short Classical comprehensions. My son didn't like fiction much so these were fab.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now