CEM paper layout

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Brackenboo

CEM paper layout

Post by Brackenboo »

Hi,

My daughter will hopefully be sitting the Gloucestershire CEM paper in September. We have started the familiarisation process, but I just wondered how the papers and topics are split?

Am I right in thinking there are 2 papers and they both have the following in: Maths, Verbal Reasoning and Non-verbal reasoning. Also does this mean about a third of each paper is each of those topics?

We have started doing some of the CGP 10 minute tests and I wondered also whether in terms of the comprehension questions whether the passages will be of a similar length with 12 questions per section, or whether it's a couple of shorter passages with a few questions.

Sorry if this information is available easily, but google hasn't been my friend :)

Thanks
kenyancowgirl

Re: CEM paper layout

Post by kenyancowgirl »

The general advice with CEM is "expect the unexpected". They can, and do, change formats, weightings etc with no real forewarning, so it is the same for everyone. Tell your DD to remain calm, listen VERY carefully to instructions and not to get distracted. She needs to work as carefully as possible, trying to get as many as she can right, but learn to move on if she cannot do something (but make a mark/choose an answer on her answer sheet so she doesn't get out of sync, and come back if she has time). Success at CEM is down to speed, accuracy and a whole lot of luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now