CEM preparation strategy

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SuperDad3g

CEM preparation strategy

Post by SuperDad3g »

So much information out there, it can be very confusing deciding what’s best value for money! Please could I ask if anyone has used online question bank, and whether they found this useful to help prepare their child for the CEM or any other 11+ exam? Please kindly inbox me here? Would appreciate any thoughts from parents both currently working on their child’s 11+ prep and those already been through this process. Thank you
SuperDad3g

Re: CEM preparation strategy

Post by SuperDad3g »

Hello All, just to add if I may, my question was if anyone had purchased online question banks, and whether or not they found any of them useful? If so, are there any specific ones they’d recommend? I’m a bit old school, and I prefer paper tests as opposed to computerised, as I believe that this is closest to how children will write the actual exam. Also think the computer can be quite distracting. But would like to hear the views of other parents here. Positive experiences or otherwise. Thanks
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

If they can go into the exam with an idea of what they are going to face I think that is much the better strategy.

After five straight years of supporting my dds through GCSEs, AS, and A level and two years of 11 plus a few years before that it is very clear that an exam where the paper is at least something like you are expecting is the one that yields the greatest success. DG
RedDevil66

Post by RedDevil66 »

SuperDad3g wrote:Hello All, just to add if I may, my question was if anyone had purchased online question banks, and whether or not they found any of them useful? If so, are there any specific ones they’d recommend? I’m a bit old school, and I prefer paper tests as opposed to computerised, as I believe that this is closest to how children will write the actual exam. Also think the computer can be quite distracting. But would like to hear the views of other parents here. Positive experiences or otherwise. Thanks

Link removed by moderator. Recommendations by PM please.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now