The CEM test

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SIT

Re: The CEM test

Post by SIT »

My children took the CEM Bucks exam and they were really strict with timings, you could not turn the paper and go backwards or forwards in the various sections.
Phoenix-Mum

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

SIT wrote:My children took the CEM Bucks exam and they were really strict with timings, you could not turn the paper and go backwards or forwards in the various sections.
That's good to know, at least now we know that 1 minute before the end of that section that she should go and mark and questions she hasn't answered.
Although it doesn't seem consistent if they give 1 minute warnings or not.
Is there a separate answer sheet for each section?
SuperDad3g

Post by SuperDad3g »

Does anyone here have any insight on how the standardised CEM test results are calculated? I’ve been searching for this, but it seems very hard to come by. I’m simply trying to decipher the cut off results for a local school which uses CEM, and translate them into percentages that I can use when helping my daughter prep for her exam. Apologies for asking this question again, which may seem pointless to some. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, from parents and tutors / teachers (if any on this group). Thank you All for your help.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

SuperDad3g wrote:Does anyone here have any insight on how the standardised CEM test results are calculated? I’ve been searching for this, but it seems very hard to come by. I’m simply trying to decipher the cut off results for a local school which uses CEM, and translate them into percentages that I can use when helping my daughter prep for her exam. Apologies for asking this question again, which may seem pointless to some. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, from parents and tutors / teachers (if any on this group). Thank you All for your help.
Try asking CEM?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

One more question....

Can they write or mark the test paper? Thinking for questions like shuffled sentances where this would help and save time.
patricia

Post by patricia »

I believe you are looking for Gloucestershire 11 plus. (Ribston)

Take a look at the familiarisation booklet. It states children can write on their question booklet

https://www.ribstonhall.gloucs.sch.uk/_ ... 62C405.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
SuperDad3g

Post by SuperDad3g »

I understand that each paper is 45mins long. May I please check how long is the break in between the two papers? Thanks
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

There are two papers, with each test session taking around an hour.

At the beginning of each session there is time built in for instructions and some worked examples. The tests themselves will take around 45 to 50 minutes.

I think the break in between was about 15-20 mins - time for a quick loo stop & snack.
SuperDad3g

Post by SuperDad3g »

Thanks Octsmum. Much appreciated.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now