CEM Syllabus

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Deb70

Re: CEM Syllabus

Post by Deb70 »

Yes, the CEM style practice questions are slightly harder than the real test. I think better that way than the other way round a la GL assessment.
Mum21

Post by Mum21 »

ToadMum wrote:The commercially-published practice material is not endorsed by CEM, so there is no guarantee that the format or the content will reflect the real exam.

As for the level of the content, that will reflect the requirements of the individual commissioning school / LA / consortium; there isn't a 'CEM syllabus' as such. The Gloucestershire exam is the same as the one used by Reading, Slough, Chelmsford County High School for Girls and the Redbridge grammar schools. The Birmingham/ Warwickshire exam is commissioned completely separately, specifically for those schools.
So the parent are kept in dark about what would be covered in the actual exam? I wonder if the schools actually share more information when registering for the exams.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It is supposed to be a test of ability so they are not going to tell you what is actually going to be in the exam! DG
Mum21

Post by Mum21 »

Daogroupie wrote:It is supposed to be a test of ability so they are not going to tell you what is actually going to be in the exam! DG
That seems fair as long as only the curriculum covered in school is assessed for maths and english, however, I don't think CEM clearly states that.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now