CEM Redbridge - format of papers question

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
exam2019

CEM Redbridge - format of papers question

Post by exam2019 »

Hi
We are DIY prepping DC2 and gender means we can apply to a second grammar in addition to the school which DC1 got into.
DC1's test was GL Maths & VR, Comp & Essay in 2 papers of 60 mins each.
This new school is CEM format. Can anyone advise on timings and which topics tend to be grouped together?
Any indication of length of subsections and numbers of questions would be good too.
Thank you!
Enfparents

Re: CEM Redbridge - format of papers question

Post by Enfparents »

Hi. I'm afraid I don't have any up to date info to offer on this but you could look at the 'schools' section of this elevenplusexams website for more information. I expect the content of CEM exams may vary from school to school and region to region. My DD did CEM exams four years ago and I think the most noticeable difference between GL and CEM is that the CEM VR requires knowledge of some quite challenging vocabulary (unless this has changed in the last four years) so I would make sure you spend enough time on this. There are quite a few CEM related threads on this forum that you could look at too. Good luck!
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

Hello exam2019
From what I remember off the top of my head from 4 years ago with my DD's preparation is that the CEM VR is more or less a test of English. GL VR is more about finding patterns and odd ones our etc.

Good Luck with the prep.
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

Thank you!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now