11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Solara

Re: HBS Round 2 Result Day

Post by Solara »

Hopefuly tomorrow .
Solara

Post by Solara »

Just called the school now ,School is closed today but will be open tomorrow, does that mean no chance of getting the result today??
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It is actually better for schools to be closed when results come out as gut reaction of some parents is to phone and say the result is a terrible mistake.

This is why QE always releases results on a Friday to give parents time to recover slightly before Monday.

DAO also released on a Friday this year.

So they could be releasing today but not taking any phone calls.

There are only 300 results to send out so the process should be quite straightforward. DG
tahm563

Post by tahm563 »

Won't be surprised if they plan to release the results on Friday the 26th.
Daogroupie wrote:It is actually better for schools to be closed when results come out as gut reaction of some parents is to phone and say the result is a terrible mistake.

This is why QE always releases results on a Friday to give parents time to recover slightly before Monday.

There are only 300 results to send out so the process should be quite straightforward. DG
11plus2018

Post by 11plus2018 »

tahm563 wrote:Won't be surprised if they plan to release the results on Friday the 26th.
Daogroupie wrote:It is actually better for schools to be closed when results come out as gut reaction of some parents is to phone and say the result is a terrible mistake.

As per the email from the school - it is supposed to be early this week - which should be by EOD today. Friday is too late.... Let's hope it comes out today
Gee9876

Post by Gee9876 »

11plus2018 wrote:
tahm563 wrote:Won't be surprised if they plan to release the results on Friday the 26th.

As per the email from the school - it is supposed to be early this week - which should be by EOD today. Friday is too late.... Let's hope it comes out today

I wouldn’t worry too much 11plus2018
Looks like your DD has passed every 11plus exam going so I’m sure she will get in somewhere
11plus2018

Post by 11plus2018 »

Gee9876 wrote:
I wouldn’t worry too much 11plus2018
Looks like your DD has passed every 11plus exam going so I’m sure she will get in somewhere
Not worrying .. just eagerly waiting for the results as HBS as its the last one.
All the kids are bright enough to get a place somewhere... All the best to you and your DD.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Gee9876 wrote: I wouldn’t worry too much 11plus2018
That sounds mean.

Good luck to everyone waiting for results.
Barnetmamma

Post by Barnetmamma »

...so whilst we’re waiting, I’ve just searched up numbers that are allocated in Band A, B etc. and found this:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1150037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems to be same numbers to another FOI request for 2017 numbers.

Then, I saw this:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... a.pdf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This seems to suggest that even if a DD makes it to Band A, one will never know if their DDs rank is in a more tenuous position till National Offer Day. You might still not end up with an offer.
Kaira

Post by Kaira »

hi, what do we think, is there still chance to get results today?