Latymer School

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
akb

Re: Latymer School

Post by akb »

Daogroupie wrote:You are not reading the thread Yes.

The ranks can be changed until 10th December in Barnet (4th Dec in Herts) so when the Latymer results come out they will be able to promote it to a higher rank if the results are good or leave it where it is if they are not.

The poster is in Barnet. The closing date for the application is 1159pm on 31st October which is tomorrow. You are not able to add or delete schools after tomorrow but you are able to change your ranking order until 10th December. So you need to have schools you are interested in ranked on your form. The OP is interested in Latymer but needs to get a good enough ranking to have a chance of a place. So best to place it bottom until they know what the rank is. DG
As per Herts LA secondary transfer leaflet: -

4 December 2020 - Last date to:
• Submit reasons for making a late application and for that application to be considered ‘on time’.
• Notify us of a change of address and for that address to be taken into account for allocation day.
• Request a change of preferences following receipt of aptitude/ability school test results

Does change of preference mean school list can be changed?
Is it only the ranking that can be changed?
I was under the impression that we can add a new school until 4th Dec.
akb

Post by akb »

Daogroupie wrote:You are not reading the thread Yes.

The ranks can be changed until 10th December in Barnet (4th Dec in Herts) so when the Latymer results come out they will be able to promote it to a higher rank if the results are good or leave it where it is if they are not.

The poster is in Barnet. The closing date for the application is 1159pm on 31st October which is tomorrow. You are not able to add or delete schools after tomorrow but you are able to change your ranking order until 10th December. So you need to have schools you are interested in ranked on your form. The OP is interested in Latymer but needs to get a good enough ranking to have a chance of a place. So best to place it bottom until they know what the rank is. DG
DG - found this in Barnet site:

https://www.barnet.gov.uk/schools-and-e ... ary-school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please check individual school websites for the latest information.

Despite these changes, you should still register your child for tests by published deadlines. You should also submit your online application by the national closing date, 31 October 2020.

If you receive the results of the test after the 31 October 2020, you may make changes to your school preferences. This may be to add or remove a selective school.

Please ensure that you email School Admissions BarnetExternal link with any changes by 10 December 2020. Changes to preferences after this date will only be considered after places are offered on 1 March 2021.

If you live outside Barnet, contact your local authority for their policy on making changes to school preferences.
akb

Post by akb »

Found this from Hertfordshire admissions site: -
https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/servic ... laces.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To cater for test results received after 31 October 2020, we will allow parents to request a change of preference if necessary. The deadline to request a change of preference following receipt of test results is Friday 4 December 2020.

To request a change of preference, email the Admissions Team and include:

Your child’s name and DOB
Your current preferences (including order)
Your new preferences (including order)

So we can change the list of schools until 4th Dec in Herts..
nyr

Post by nyr »

Given the unknown outcome of the 11+ exam, if Latymer is the school that you would most prefer for your child and you have space on your CAF, then, as far as I can tell, it makes very little sense to put Latymer last. It seems to me that the best option would be to list schools in your TRUE order of preference, while ensuring that you have at least 1 safe option. My guess would be that at this stage Latymer is your most preferred school.

If you later find that your daugther is no longer in the running for Latymer then simply remove it from the form by 10th December - all the remaining schools will move up 1 position - and add your 7th-best school in the vacant 6th position.

My view is that being able to remove a school from your CAF this year should not confuse the general principle that schools should be listed in the TRUE order of preference, while ensuring that you have at least 1 safe option.
Anoka

Post by Anoka »

Daogroupie wrote:The due date for all CAF forms is tomorrow, 31st October. You must apply before midnight tomorrow.

Which borough are you in?

Herts, Barnet and Enfield are letting you change your ranking order up to 4th December but not add or delete schools.

So you would need to put Latymer as one of your ranks and then if the results were not what is required you could demote Latymer to last choice.

DG
You are allowed to add or delete schools up to the 4th of December in Hertfordshire.
Yes

Post by Yes »

nyr wrote: TRUE order of preference, while ensuring that you have at least 1 safe option.
This always was the rule for listing your preferences on CAF, and usually, there is an element of uncertainty with grammar schools places (unless DC is not on the top of the list), so I don't see why advice for this year should be different.
Redbob

Post by Redbob »

Can anyone tell me what ranking was the lowest to get an offer in previous years?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This is not released by the school but I know of a student who was rank 570 who got a place on allocation day this year. DG
gv0019

Post by gv0019 »

Just got extended date for Latymer test, its on 14/ Nov. Not sure how Latymer will process / rank students, given they are going to announce results soon.
finaljourney

Post by finaljourney »

They will definitely have a different paper. Can't imagine it being the same.
What I don't understand is how will they give these children an equal chance
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now