Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:26 am
Posts: 1331
Location: Watford, Herts
Here is a collection of threads giving some insight into life at Queen Elizabeth’s School, Barnet:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 342
Very useful. Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:57 am
Posts: 200
Preparations threads; instead of starting a new one again -

QE boys: Entry 2015....let the journey begin!
- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33891

QE Boys Entrance
- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8181

Queen Elizabeth Barnet (for boys) Grammar School exam prep
- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=35665

QE preparation
- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38750

QE Exam Details & Format
- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38309

QE exam organisation
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=37454


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:14 pm
Posts: 61
WP wrote:
Here is a collection of threads giving some insight into life at Queen Elizabeth’s School, Barnet:


Can we get some more threads please?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:27 pm
Posts: 5174
Location: london
Can we get some more threads please?[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: please no...

_________________
mad?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 11:00 pm
Posts: 37
How about a thread in which parents are reminded to check thoroughly how their child is going to travel to QE and back for 7 years, 5 days a week, before applying?

Rather than a last-minute post on here in July/August before their child starts desperately asking for car shares/private coaches when they realise that it's a two-hour journey on three different buses and DC won't get to join in after school clubs and events. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 7678
Banany wrote:
How about a thread in which parents are reminded to check thoroughly how their child is going to travel to QE and back for 7 years, 5 days a week, before applying?

Rather than a last-minute post on here in July/August before their child starts desperately asking for car shares/private coaches when they realise that it's a two-hour journey on three different buses and DC won't get to join in after school clubs and events. :roll:

Where's that "like" button?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 10652
Location: Essex
scary mum wrote:
Banany wrote:
How about a thread in which parents are reminded to check thoroughly how their child is going to travel to QE and back for 7 years, 5 days a week, before applying?

Rather than a last-minute post on here in July/August before their child starts desperately asking for car shares/private coaches when they realise that it's a two-hour journey on three different buses and DC won't get to join in after school clubs and events. :roll:

Where's that "like" button?



Look on the bright side, Banamy - with a year 7 intake of 180 and a year 12 number of 140, the child does at least have a 2 in 9 chance of only having to do the journey for five years, rather than 7 :) .

I'm not sure that 'taking part in after school clubs' is the main attraction of a lot of selective schools, to be fair, not just QE. DD's school is a short walk from a station on what is officially the most reliable rail service in the country, with subsidised season tickets for pupils, but some people living near to stations up the line still insist that their offspring have to come to school by private coach service. (The rail service may be the most punctual in the country - the roads, however... :roll: ).

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 1:21 pm
Posts: 31
Hello Toad mum,
this is a very old thread, but I found this information fascinating.

Why do you think that level of attrition may be ? From 180 to 140? Distance and travel arrangements?
(attempt to extrapolate if some of the further out schools would work for my DD)
Iam

_________________
Mum of 2
preparing towards SWHC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:05 pm
Posts: 6904
Location: Reading
Iam wrote:
Hello Toad mum,
this is a very old thread, but I found this information fascinating.

Why do you think that level of attrition may be ? From 180 to 140? Distance and travel arrangements?
(attempt to extrapolate if some of the further out schools would work for my DD)
Iam


Not all boys in year 11 move to sixth form and they have to go elsewhere. They don’t take any external students.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021