QE Boys results Historic marks background info

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
parentoftwo

Re: QE Boys results Historic marks background info

Post by parentoftwo »

APatel wrote:Hi,

According to the recent movement in the waitlist, we are at position 46. What are the chances? As the WL has moved 5 places from 34 to 39, does it mean that the WL would now move either 5 or less place?

Many Thanks
What,s your son's score at no 46? thanks
APatel

Post by APatel »

Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

That is really very interesting as it has only just got to 228.

How near are you to the school? You could be the first 227 on the list. DG
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

nyr wrote:a family was offered a place at a North London super-selective in September of Y7 and, within days, moved 400 miles to take it up
That's Aberdeen!.......

....... Or Frankfurt!!

They really were keen on the school.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Daogroupie wrote:That is really very interesting as it has only just got to 228.
DG

CrissCross was ranked 31 on a score of 229, and lives quite far away. So WL could have been down to 228 for quite a while now.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I realise that but 31 to 39 is only 8 places and in previous years there have been many many more boys than that on the same score. We know 31 was 229 so this does not seem so many as usual on one score before moving onto the next one. DG
APatel

Post by APatel »

Hi

There is a separate thread where one of the memebers has put of the list of all scores for this year. Based on that spreadsheet, I think I have worked out that we may be the first or second of the 227 as the difference between criscross and us was 15 places on the waiting list. We live in harrow Weald area.
This year there was 13 boys with 228 score and 14 boys with 227 score. With the latest allocation, it seems like they may have offered placed to boys with 228 score living close to school.

So fingers crossed that we can get in.
APatel

Post by APatel »

DG

According to that spreadsheet it seems( I may be wrong) that crisscross was either the last or second last on the 229 score.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Crisscross lives in Isleworth so I would not expect there to be more than one or two further away.

One of the last for 231 was over thirty miles away so it was on 230 a couple of spaces later so they might have been the last one on 231.

For students on the same score QE allocates by distance. As you can see from the spreadsheet there are always more than one ds on the same score and sometimes more than 10.

Based on previous years the list always moves at least three scores. So it started on the last few for 231 so I would expect it to get to 227 but perhaps not 226. DG
parentoftwo

Post by parentoftwo »

WL has reached 42 today..
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now