St Michael's offers

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Charl39

Re: St Michael's offers

Post by Charl39 »

My daughter got a place at St Ms via waiting list some years ago. She was ranked around 130 and got her place in July - a week before the summer holidays - it was a very long & stressful wait but 100% worth it.

You should ring the Admissions Officer to confirm you want to be added to the waiting list and unless it's changed, I had to ring or email regularly to find out how the list was moving. Also contact your LA to say you want to be on the waiting list, while accepting your offered school.

Also, that year the 96th place offered March offers day was to the girl ranked 116. That was before you found out if you were in the running though - you didn't get your test results in the autumn. You took the test in November and then only found out your rank in March when offers went out.

Good luck!
Charl39
wisdom

Post by wisdom »

St M do not publish waiting list numbers through the website. So I presume you need to keep checking with the school office.

By the way, sometimes there isn't much movement at the beginning. The school has a welcome afternoon for the new intake (late June) and a barbecue in early July. These events often trigger some movement since, if some girls do not turn up for either, the school can chase up the families to check if they still want the place.

Good luck!!
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

Does anyone have a place with a ranking over 100 this year? No one seems to have posted like they did in the years my DD's applied.
pimmsoclock

Post by pimmsoclock »

Yes, my daughter is in the early 120s.

I wish I had got her tutored (or worked with her myself) now as we wouldn't be in limbo!

Is anyone else lurking? There don't seem to be many parents of St Michael's applicants on here...
Bibliovore

Post by Bibliovore »

Our DD had a ranking above 96 and put the school on a lower position on the CAF than the one offered. So that's at least one place that is coming towards the waiting list.
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

pimmsoclock - just wondered if you've had any positive news yet?

I don't know anyone close to the top of the waiting list so don't know if there has been any movement.
pimmsoclock

Post by pimmsoclock »

No, no news!

I'm presuming I won't hear until April, if then!
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

Good luck for April. It must be a hard wait!
pimmsoclock

Post by pimmsoclock »

I suppose I've known since October that we wouldn't know until at least April, but what is frustrating is that other schools like DAO are regularly updating their waiting list and informing applicants; so it seems odd that St Michael's don't have this information too.
pimmsoclock

Post by pimmsoclock »

I called Barnet today to see where my daughter is on the waiting list and they said she'd been offered St Michael's and I had to email them to confirm as they were awaiting my confirmation!

Very confused as last week they said she was 8th on the list and we haven't received a letter.

I'm not convinced the guy knew what he was talking about. Is there any way of checking online?

Has anyone else received an offer in the last couple of weeks?