Any one got a call letter for HBS first round test?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nyr

Re: Any one got a call letter for HBS first round test?

Post by nyr »

I reckon there'll be one 60 minute paper with several VR sections and one numerical reasoning section with the numerical and verbal reasoning being standardised separately, so two standardised scores which are combined when ranking Round 1 candidates.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Would they separately standardise a single NR section (maybe 20-25 raw marks) across 2300 students?
Each mark won/lost would have a massive impact on the standardised score!
I don't think it would it be fair to the girls to carry such an artificially stretched range of scores forward into round 2.

Better to use this opportunity to increase the importance of the written papers.
daddyshah

Post by daddyshah »

In relation to final rankings and scoring - I would point to the recent release under FOI - the final standings are based on marks computed to 2 decimal places - demonstrates the importance of accuracy for every question in the CEM and later papers. Good Luck to all dd's sitting the test next week. From our experience last year, I would highly recommend parents to use public transport as far as possible, leave an extra 20 mins or so to relax before the alloted time and please ensure all dd's carry water bottles and do follow instructions provided - clear pencil cases, spare pencils etc. Best Wishes
zonti

Post by zonti »

I haven't yet received an email from HBS! I also didn't receive an acknowledgement from HBS when I registered DD for the exam. I'm worried now that I didn't register for the exam correctly :? . Is there anyone else with the same issues?
piggys

Post by piggys »

If you didn't get confirmation of the registration then I doubt she has been registered. Did you not think to chase this up earlier?
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Good luck to everyone sitting tomorrow.

Does anyone know if a see through pencil case is ok rather than a plastic bag?
Bee

Post by Bee »

Middlesexmum wrote:Good luck to everyone sitting tomorrow.

Does anyone know if a see through pencil case is ok rather than a plastic bag?
Yes see through pencil case it fine.

All the best to all the DDs
ksrkuk

Post by ksrkuk »

nyr wrote:I reckon there'll be one 60 minute paper with several VR sections and one numerical reasoning section with the numerical and verbal reasoning being standardised separately, so two standardised scores which are combined when ranking Round 1 candidates.
Last edited by ksrkuk on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Please remove your post , you are impacting your daughters chances by giving information to dds who have not yet sat.

mods pls remove the post DG
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

One of dd's friends said a teacher said there were 3,400 girls sitting today! :shock: That can't be right surely, wouldn't 2,400 be nearer the mark?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now