Any thoughts on St Michael's test results date?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

loobylou

Re: Any thoughts on St Michael's test results date?

Post by loobylou »

In my experience most girls from Barnet who apply (who meet the criteria) seem to get in. Dd has friends who get the bus from Whetstone. There is a bus from Enfield too but, according to my friend (whose daughter did not get a place), many of the Enfield girls get places off the waiting list rather than getting them on allocation day.
Demetra2018

Post by Demetra2018 »

What can you tell me about LSU, la saint Union ? Good school? What is the reputation?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Loreto is able to take most practising Catholic girls from Hertfordshire!

That is good news and really worth knowing. DG
Hera

Post by Hera »

Loreto is a great school and takes girls from a wide geographical area as they have feeder primary schools, the links with which seem to have no rhyme or reason. As is generally withing the Catholic Church it is based on historic links and who knows who. I know quite a few kids who travel from North London on coaches up to the school and parents/girls all seem happy with the school. The coaches are organised by the parents not the school I think. LSU also has a great reputation although I don't know anyone personally who attends.
Demetra2018

Post by Demetra2018 »

Thank you Hera :roll:
llhj

Post by llhj »

LSU is much closer to you to attend and support as a parent, that has got to be a priority, why would you want to travel 15 miles and more to pick up your dd from a sports match etc? Loreto has gone out a huge distance this year with everyone that I know who has named it first being allocated a place, most on allocation day. Same for LSU so you can choose between them as there will be further movement. They are both v v strict schools who are comprehensive in terms of ability in take. The academics are nothing like a selective but as always you will find those pupils who do exceptionally well as they are hard working and motivated. LSU is probably more 'urban' as you would expect and the girls more streetwise etc but the proximity must be factor so I would stay put myself.
Demetra2018

Post by Demetra2018 »

llhj wrote:LSU is much closer to you to attend and support as a parent, that has got to be a priority, why would you want to travel 15 miles and more to pick up your dd from a sports match etc? Loreto has gone out a huge distance this year with everyone that I know who has named it first being allocated a place, most on allocation day. Same for LSU so you can choose between them as there will be further movement. They are both v v strict schools who are comprehensive in terms of ability in take. The academics are nothing like a selective but as always you will find those pupils who do exceptionally well as they are hard working and motivated. LSU is probably more 'urban' as you would expect and the girls more streetwise etc but the proximity must be factor so I would stay put myself.
———————
Thank you. Feeling from the ofsted report and school curriculum is that Loreto is definitely better..
Let’s see what we get. Thank you for all your inputs xx
WaitingStM4077

Post by WaitingStM4077 »

Hi All,

This thread has gone quiet.
Not sure if this the right place to put this, but what did you DDs think of the transfer day on Wednesday?
Also anyone going to the BBQ on Sunday?
StM4077
Jamais Arrière

Post by Jamais Arrière »

DD just LOVED it. She especially appreciated hooking up with a couple of the current Year Sevens.

For me, it was a like stepping into a different world walking through the school gate – walking past all those purple-clad young ladies sitting on the grass, chatting and eating cake! (note to self: never take this for granted.)

See you at the barbecue StM4077. I’ll be wearing a purple carnation.

Jams

(Incidentally, one of DD’s potential classmates didn’t show. I wonder if there might be a tiny bit of movement, waiting list-wise, yet.)
Demetra2018

Post by Demetra2018 »

There has been one drop already in the last month. I am now at waiting list n 2. Praying for another two slots movements for people moving to their preferred schools. :) From what you are saying it must be an amazing feeling there among the purple girls ... :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now