Any thoughts on St Michael's test results date?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
WaitingStM4077

Re: Any thoughts on St Michael's test results date?

Post by WaitingStM4077 »

Demetra2018 wrote:Just got an email from Barnet and the list is moving.. we are 7 as of this morning! They said is moving slowly as it is highly sought school and reflects the movements of other schools Latymer HB etc .. there is a lot going on around Barnet said ... let’s pray :|
Hi Demetra2018

If you are 7th on the waiting list does that mean candidate 130 was offered a place?
If so that is fantastic news for you and fingers crossed your wait shouldn't be too long.

StM4077
StM4077
Demetra2018

Post by Demetra2018 »

This is a good question, I know that 132 is waiting , from the position of the waiting list I think 130 has not been called yet , I think we are at 128, but the list is moving slowly as waiting from families to get a place into more selective schools.. let’s carry on praying .. xx
WaitingStM4077

Post by WaitingStM4077 »

Hi Demetra2018

Have you read any of the other threads on here to find out about movement in the other schools that affect St Michael's?
I know there is a lot of talk about Dame Alice Owen's and Henrietta Barnet.
That may give an indication as to how the waiting list will move.

StM4077
StM4077
Demetra2018

Post by Demetra2018 »

Actually you are right and thanks for the advice !! ***
Jamais Arrière

Post by Jamais Arrière »

Yesterday we had our meeting with Head of Key Stage 4, who’s really lovely.
It did make think though - surely the letters we’ve all received, these meetings we’re attending, etc. must be focusing wavering parents’ minds. Do we think places might be being freed up at this time?

Jams
Demetra2018

Post by Demetra2018 »

Jamais Arrière wrote:Yesterday we had our meeting with Head of Key Stage 4, who’s really lovely.
It did make think though - surely the letters we’ve all received, these meetings we’re attending, etc. must be focusing wavering parents’ minds. Do we think places might be being freed up at this time?

Jams
Hi Jams
What do you mean, that families might decline if not serious?
I know we are at 132 now been called and accepted. I am number 3 in waiting list and just praying to get 3 slots opened up. From what you say I might have chances?

Thank you :roll:
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

There are two factors that means the St Michael's waiting list doesn't move as much as some others:
- Parents prefer a Catholic education above all else. I hear frequently that parents put one of either Loretto or La Sainte Union second to St M - they are not even sitting for other selective schools
- Parents want girls only which narrows the field a lot: HBS or private schools. Indeed the parents I know who turned it down did so for independent schools like City or NLCS .

I was surprised meeting parents from the school how few sat other schools - a high risk strategy but it clearly worked for them!
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

Jams - those meetings happen every year. Nothing new there.

It's a great chance to meet the kids and parents and welcome them into the school community.
llhj

Post by llhj »

St Michael's has now moved exactly 10 places on the waiting list from allocation day. There can't be too much more wriggle room, I'd say 2 or 3 places max. It wouldn't surprise me if it didn't move at all. The transfer day is this month and the welcome BBQ so they're really weeding out the potential no shows etc. What's your alternative?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

DAO has moved 8 places in 13 weeks.

QE 17 places.

Everything is very very slow.

What is the average number of places that St M's usually moves? DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now