11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Italian

Latymer music auditions

Post by Italian »

Has any of your DC been invited for music auditions? Many thanks
Daogroupie

Re: Latymer music auditions

Post by Daogroupie »

I know of two students who have received letters to say they have satisfied the music criteria. They only received these letters after the letter saying that they were one of the 650 who would have their English papers marked. DG
Infolink

Post by Infolink »

Does that mean there are different letters sent out to music applicants? Some received invitation to audition. But you mentioned students who were informed that 'they have satisfied the music criteria'. So they don't need to audition? And could be offered a music place without auditioning? Do you know the music achievements of these students?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes there are different letters. DG
Infolink

Post by Infolink »

Can anyone please clarify how they are different? What level of music gets you acceptance without auditioning if a child with a grade 5 is required to audition? Do you know the level of a child that has recieved a letter with no requirements to audition?
Sopra

Post by Sopra »

Hello everyone, not sure what grades get acceptance without auditioning but my DC with grade 6 distincion in one instrument and grade 5 distinction in another one was also invited for an audition.
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

I thought that all music applicants ranked 153 to 650 were to be auditioned - but it isn't entirely clear in the guidance notes
Sopra

Post by Sopra »

The invitation letters for the music applicants were posted on the 1st of October, a day before we received an email informing us that we are in the top 650 and that their English papers will be marked.
Without marking their English tests and adding that to the Maths and VR scores the Latymer doesn't know their rankings yet. I have to agree that it is a little bit confusing.
schlumpf

Post by schlumpf »

My son received a music place without audition a couple of years ago wth Grade 5 'Merit', but he was ranked in top 150. I guess it makes sense for them these without audition because they will gain a place anyway. This was of course before they introduced the two-stage test, however.

The process was no more transparent then than it is now though, we were left guessing about (and practicing for) a potential audition until the day the letter arrived.

Good luck all, I would guess if your DC has Grade 6 and Grade 5, you should have no problem with the auditions.
mdn

Post by mdn »

My first post on this forum, although had to ask questions at least a year ago :)
But everyone here explains things just right and I had no further questions until now.

If anyone got their music rank from Latymer yet?
Or we are just missed out..

DC was in 650 and invited for audition. Then after combined results we've got the letter and he had a rank of 654 (where those 4 came from?). We've contacted the school and it seems to be closed for half term. So then according to admissions he was OK for auditions and possible music place before final results..

I just wonder if we should wait for a miracle now or.. So distressing and he's still bear that hope that he could qualify for music.. anyway 2 days before the deadline that we could have any feedback from school.

Or it's a definite no-go with that extra 4 points?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now