QE 2017 results out now by email post results here

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sahirrao

Re: QE 2017 results out now by email post results here

Post by sahirrao »

For us its 233 (Eng: 115 Maths: 118). QE been always the first choice.
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Hi there

Morning all

Hope all is doing well.Another week till all the 11 plus result will be out.Just wondering met one of my friend yesterday his Ds got 210 last year for the Qe exam.on the caf form he initially put Qe as first choice and 2nd choice latymer.On allocation day he was offered latymer which he did not take.He kept himself on the waiting list and guess what ..,, Now he is at Queen Elizabeth boys.So all the parents whose kids got 210 have a strong hope.Finger crossed.Dunno how it worked but he is at QE.
llhj

Post by llhj »

I find that difficult to believe, he may have remained on QE list whilst accepting Latymer which is totally acceptable behaviour but unlikely that he would have left himself without any school. Why? It wouldn’t have moved him up the QE waiting list any faster.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Suzanne wrote:Hi there

Morning all

Hope all is doing well.Another week till all the 11 plus result will be out.Just wondering met one of my friend yesterday his Ds got 210 last year for the Qe exam.on the caf form he initially put Qe as first choice and 2nd choice latymer.On allocation day he was offered latymer which he did not take.He kept himself on the waiting list and guess what ..,, Now he is at Queen Elizabeth boys.So all the parents whose kids got 210 have a strong hope.Finger crossed.Dunno how it worked but he is at QE.
Where did he go in between declining Latymer and getting a place from the waiting list at QE? Turning down the allocated school is a very risky strategy, unless you already have a place lined up at an indie, you reapply for a lower preference school and get that, or you are willing to home educate.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Am surprised as well he is at QE with 210.Dunno how he did that.May be appeals?? Am new to that 11 plus.May be someone on the forum can explain that.
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

He started at Latymer I believe did not ask her but definitely at Queen Elizabeth now.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Suzanne wrote:Am surprised as well he is at QE with 210.Dunno how he did that.May be appeals?? Am new to that 11 plus.May be someone on the forum can explain that.
The main round of appeals would have taken place sometime between late April and the end of June, depending on the admission authority's timetable (there are rules about how soon an appeal must be heard once it is lodged). So, if he did start at his allocated school initially, either the parents didn't lodge an appeal back in March, or they did, but there was a reason specific to them which meant that it was heard late (unlikely with that time frame).

Or they lodged an appeal, but not until too near the end of the summer term for it to be heard before the start of the new school year.

Or he did just get in from the waiting list. Lots of parents may have turned down an offer once term had started, either because their DS was settled where he was, or because of the logistics of getting to the school with only a few days' notice, if they would have had to move house for the journey to be feasible.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
JM2017

Post by JM2017 »

sahirrao wrote:For us its 233 (Eng: 115 Maths: 118). QE been always the first choice.
Hi
How far are you from school?
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Morning all

Suzanne

Mr Price, the Second Master in charge of admissions, has been telling people taking the tour that the lowest mark to get in for the 2017 year 7s was 224

Are you sure that the boy's score was exactly 210? There would be hundreds of boys between 224 and 210.

I can imagine myself casually saying: "yeah, he got 210" - which to my mind would mean: "yes, his score is above the qualifying mark of 210".

Boys on 210 really don't have chance, especially as the school raised the qualifying cutoff to 220 this year!

Sorry to be negative here, but I think it would be cruel to raise false hopes for so many people.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

thisisnuts wrote:

Morning all

Suzanne

Mr Price, the Second Master in charge of admissions, has been telling people taking the tour that the lowest mark to get in for the 2017 year 7s was 224

Are you sure that the boy's score was exactly 210? There would be hundreds of boys between 224 and 210.

I can imagine myself casually saying: "yeah, he got 210" - which to my mind would mean: "yes, his score is above the qualifying mark of 210".

Boys on 210 really don't have chance, especially as the school raised the qualifying cutoff to 220 this year!

Sorry to be negative here, but I think it would be cruel to raise false hopes for so many people.
On the other hand, the member of staff may not have mentioned an individual 'low' scoring entrant, who had won their place as the result of an appeal, because that score would be an outlier, not representative of the general range of scores. (If he were to be answering the question during an appeal hearing, the panel would expect the 'honest truth', however).