QE 2017 results out now by email post results here

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: QE 2017 results out now by email post results here

Post by tiffinboys »

Suzanne wrote:I think this year there has been a lot of high scorers of 250 plus and all are considering to put QE as their first choice.Most come from Uxbridge and Harrow.Had a long chat after the tour so a bit disappointing for 239. .I believe for the first time the QE cut off will be 240 .

Regds

Suzanne.
Scaremongering? Seems you have no idea how many children get 240 and above.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I know boys on 223 downwards to 210 who are still on the waiting list for the the September 2017 intake. It was their first choice school.

No boy has got in with 210 from the waiting list either this year or any other year in the past five years.

222 is the lowest score to get into the school in the past five years.

Suzanne, the only route into September 2017 Y7 intake for a boy on 210 would be via an appeal.

Y8 onwards when spaces come up there are internal exams that students can apply to sit for an in year place. I know several boys who have entered the school in Y8 and Y9 through this route. This would be a route in for a boy on 210 for Year 8 upwards. The waiting list on the exam scores is only maintained until December 31st of Y7. After that it is internal exams for each year group. DG
nyr

Post by nyr »

The question is, how do they select which boys from the CI list to call back for the internal tests? I am sure the list is maintained in 11+ tests rank order and it's length exceeds the number of boys they want to call back, in which case it seems unlikely that someone on 210 would get in via the internal tests.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

As of 1st January in the academic year, QE year 7 CI lists get scrapped. After that, school would invite application for internal test if there is any new vacancy. Forget 210 or higher, even those who have not taken the test earlier may sit for the new test.
vvicky13

Post by vvicky13 »

Anyone put in request for FOI on the results? Can you post the link here.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

vvicky13 wrote:Anyone put in request for FOI on the results? Can you post the link here.
What do you want the school to tell you about the results? You could put in the FOI request yourself, of course?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

They must be busy with FOI requests https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/body/que ... ool_barnet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
piggys

Post by piggys »

ToadMum wrote:
vvicky13 wrote:Anyone put in request for FOI on the results? Can you post the link here.
What do you want the school to tell you about the results? You could put in the FOI request yourself, of course?
But that would take time, ToadMum..... :lol:
maaress

Post by maaress »

Hello All

My son has scored 117.30 in Reading Boys and 235 in QE Barnet. Can I safely say that he will get places in both schools?

Very confused as to which should be our first choice on CAF. We live in Reading catchment.

Is it worth moving to Barnet or should we stick with Reading?

I cannot find University destinations for Reading School. Looking at Barnet University destinations they are very impressive.

Any advice/thoughts will really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

You should be absolutely fine with that score for Reading, as you live in catchment.

I don’t think there’s much between the two schools tbh. Did one feel better when you visited?

A few years ago a colleague faced the same decision and picked Reading.

Don’t underestimate the hassle and upheaval of moving.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now