QE 2017 results out now by email post results here

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Godwilling

Re: QE 2017 results out now by email post results here

Post by Godwilling »

Daogroupie wrote:Cheerio,

Godwilling, have you got the scores yet from all the children you know who found it very easy.

In my experience students who find mc exams easy are usually not reading the questions properly.

Are they getting high scores so far? DG

Will post their scores as soon as i get hold of them !
jingojingo

Post by jingojingo »

my friend's son got 235
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I await with interest. I am especially interested in those students who thought they were going to get 100%! Did your ds find it easy?

HjHj, 226 has got in every year for the past four years. 226 got in mid June this year as I knew two students on 226, one took it, one took DAO instead.

Rajesh, 221 has not got in any of the past five years. Lowest has been 222. This year it is still on 225 so I don't think it will make 221. Hope you have other results coming through soon. DG
Last edited by Daogroupie on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcyicsk2

Post by mcyicsk2 »

My son got 231. We live around 23 miles (crow flies distance). We plan to move closer to the school before the start of the academic year.
Does the distance play an important part when getting an offer - as his mark seems to be just over the threshold of previous years?

Thanks!!!
Godwilling

Post by Godwilling »

[quote="Daogroupie"]I await with interest. Did your ds find it easy?

Yes he found it easy too ! But with experience of mock exams I knew he was bound to make some mistakes !
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mcyicsk2 wrote:My son got 231. We live around 23 miles (crow flies distance). We plan to move closer to the school before the start of the academic year.
Does the distance play an important part when getting an offer - as his mark seems to be just over the threshold of previous years?

Thanks!!!
It is probably in the oversubscription criteria, it may be that if there are equal scores then distance comes into place or they wait until they can offer to all on that score.

ETA:
If 180 applicants or more have achieved the standard required by the Governors,
places will be offered to the 180 applicants placed highest in the list obtained by
ranking applicants in the order of their combined scores in the selection tests. In the
event of two or more applicants scoring the same mark, the rank order for allocation
of places will be determined by the distance measured in a straight line between the
front door of the applicant’s home and the main School gate, with the closest given
the highest rank.
(The applicant’s home means the applicant’s permanent address
and cannot be a childminder’s or business address. It should be the same address
as would be given by the applicant’s primary school. When parents live separately,
the application must be based on the address at which the child usually lives and
from which he attends primary school. When parents live separately but the child
lives equally with both parents at different addresses, the address will be taken to be
the address of the main parent/carer eligible to receive Child Benefit and Child Tax
Credit). Should this process leave two or more applicants still tied for the final
available place, the applicant to whom the place will be offered will be determined by
a random ballot, supervised by a person who is independent of the school.
beoptima

Post by beoptima »

222 ..so it is a sure shot no then ?

When will we know for sure whether DS is offered ? QE site shows lowest scores offered over past years 227 etc..does it include waiting list

many thanks
vluckymum

Post by vluckymum »

Hi There
All the best all that passed!
Does anyone know the maximum possible score for QE?
My son got 246 and wondering if distance to the school will impact his chance of getting in? We are in West London TW post code.
bablu.boy

Post by bablu.boy »

Son's got 213 [M:102 , E:111]. Don't think that is sufficient though.
mad?

Post by mad? »

r25j wrote:My son got 221. Is there any hope ,even for waiting list.

cheers
Rajesh
For goodness sake read the 1st post!
mad?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now