Newbie wanting a tutor

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Onmyown

Newbie wanting a tutor

Post by Onmyown »

New here so please be kind.

I’ve got a DD in year 5, we are quite keen on DAO, but think looking at admissions, she need to pass the test.

There’s no way I can tutor her myself, (we would be at each other’s throats in 5 mins) although I’m keen to oversee the process.

Can anyone recommend a tutor locally to me please?

I’ve been lurking a while, so have picked up that it needs to be by private message, though I’m not sure how that works, as I don’t seem able to.

Thanks

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' posts seeking to denigrate the opposition!
I
Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members (check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Note:
  • • Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
Tinkers

Re: Newbie wanting a tutor

Post by Tinkers »

The PM facility is not available until you have had your first post approved. Now you have posted you should have access to the PM facility.
PS2000

Post by PS2000 »

Can someone pleasd PM this information. We are also planning to move to Barnet and would need this information for my DD. Thanks in Advance
doddsie

Post by doddsie »

I am also looking for recommendations for a tutor in the Barnet area. Please pm me if you can help.
Thank you in advance.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now