HBS results are out please post here

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nyr

Re: HBS results are out please post here

Post by nyr »

Yes, it was 45. Halloween took its toll on my brain cells. Sorry.

I think the discrepancy of ~10 between the waiting list positions and ranks would also be due to some girls having already secured a place at a higher preference school and never being on the waiting list.
roon129

Post by roon129 »

Wonder how deep Band A goes, if the offer made so far is till Rank 171 and there are still Band As in Wait List ?

Could do with some transparency

Cheers ,
nyr wrote:Yes, it was 45. Halloween took its toll on my brain cells. Sorry.

I think the discrepancy of ~10 between the waiting list positions and ranks would also be due to some girls having already secured a place at a higher preference school and never being on the waiting list.
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

they have given info for Year 2017

Band A - 185
Band B - 59
Band C - 56

They refused to give info for year 2018 :(

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1089887" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Round being live is no justification for not releasing information under FOI. What advantage some one will gain if this information is released?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Very interesting that it totals 300.

So everyone sat or did they just give Band C to anyone who did not turn up.

185 is far too many for Band A.

Many think Band A is securing a slot and it very clearly is not. DG
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

DG - 185 seems based on Lowest rank on first day of Autumn 2016 Admission

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Considering wording for this year defination for BAND B - does that means that they have bring down this year Band A number to 172 ?

Band B this year - "Band B - Some candidates in this Band have achieved a ranked score which would have met the standard required to gain a place by the start of the Autumn Term in at least one of the last three admissions rounds".
Daogroupie wrote: 185 is far too many for Band A.

DG
Dev1

Post by Dev1 »

got email from HBS today

I am writing to you to let you know what happens next with your application for The Henrietta Barnett School. On Thursday 1st March your Local Authority will post or email state school offers to all parents. Places will be offered by the Local Authority based on rank order of test results and in accordance with your stated preference.

Parents who are offered a place for their daughter at The Henrietta Barnett School will be contacted by email on the evening of 1st March and offered the opportunity to visit the school again with their daughter. The date for this visit is Friday 2nd March. On this day you will be invited in for one session to meet candidates from similar postcodes, our current Year 7 students, current parents, as well as members of our Sixth Form Prefect Team. Del Cooke (Head), Mandy Watts (Deputy Head) and I will also all be on hand to speak to you about the school and to answer any questions you may have.

This is a very happy and vibrant school and we want those girls who are considering coming to HBS to see that first-hand. So, if your daughter has been offered a place, we will be in touch with you to invite you to visit us for one of these sessions before you make any final decision.

For parents who have not been offered a place, and for whom Henrietta Barnett is their highest preference school, your daughter will automatically be placed on our waiting list. If your daughter is placed within the first quarter of places on the waiting list we will contact you to let you know your exact position, as candidates within this number have previously been offered places. This is to help candidates who may be offered a place to consider their options.

In the meantime, if we can be of assistance in any way, do get in touch, and we will try to help. Our Admissions Office can be contacted by email at admissions@hbschool.org.uk.
booboobdoo

Post by booboobdoo »

So how do they allocate who will be getting a place referencing Band A, B or C? Is it based on locality?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

booboobdoo wrote:So how do they allocate who will be getting a place referencing Band A, B or C? Is it based on locality?
Not if that is not one of their oversubscription categories. I understand that HBS does not have a catchment area? (Using distance as a the break for the last place available, where two candidates are otherwise equal, is a completely different matter).

I'm not at all sure about the for whom Henrietta Barnett is their highest preference school, bit - the school is not permitted to know that. All they can know is that you asked for a place, although he you don't feature on the allocated places list returned to them by their LEA, they can work out that your DD was offered a place at another school under whose admissions criteria she was a better 'fit'' than she was for HBS.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Dev1

Post by Dev1 »

I think it is very easy for them to work out

Let's take example

Child A - Rank is 150 - Situation: HBS is not going to give admission on 1st March

Scenario 1 : LEA do not contact them for that Child - that means HBS knows that child got admission for her higher preference rank school
Scenario 2 : LEA contact HBS for admission - HBS can not give admission so they reject it and put that child on waitlist.

[quote=I'm not at all sure about the for whom Henrietta Barnett is their highest preference school, [/quote]
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now