any coaches running from Finchley central area to Latymer?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
motion

any coaches running from Finchley central area to Latymer?

Post by motion »

Hi All
Anyone know if there are any private coaches/transportation from Finchley central /henlys corner side to latymer in operation please?
Planning for the commute.
Thnx
motion
lemondrop

Re: any coaches running from Finchley central area to latyme

Post by lemondrop »

I know the school is looking into private transport/coach/minibus options, similar to that run by HBS, for the 2018 intake. There will be more information available next summer after they have researched all options and trialled it. At the moment there is no coach service but there are children who travel from Finchley to Latymer using public transport.
piggys

Post by piggys »

What's wrong with the 102? that goes from Edmonton green past Henly's Corner.
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

lemondrop wrote:I know the school is looking into private transport/coach/minibus options, similar to that run by HBS, for the 2018 intake. There will be more information available next summer after they have researched all options and trialled it. At the moment there is no coach service but there are children who travel from Finchley to Latymer using public transport.
Oh that's interesting to know.... We are almost at the point of not considering Latymer (2019 intake) due to the 50 minute 2 bus journey it would take DD. If there was a coach that might make it more palatable with public transport as backup for after school clubs etc...
Melannie

Post by Melannie »

lemondrop wrote:I know the school is looking into private transport/coach/minibus options, similar to that run by HBS, for the 2018 intake. There will be more information available next summer after they have researched all options and trialled it. At the moment there is no coach service but there are children who travel from Finchley to Latymer using public transport.
This is really valuable. We're on the 193-450 IC group and the 2 bus commute from N12/N20 is the only drawback. This would help us massively. Thanks very much for this
motion

Post by motion »

Thank you so much lemondrop, we really appriciate your help. This is very useful.
vinb7

Post by vinb7 »

Hi - Is there any more update on the proposed coach service for Latymer?

Thanks
copella

Post by copella »

Coach direct the company the school will be using have been gathering info re interest. The closing date was the 9th Feb so should hear soon. If you get a place you will hear more and I am sure able to register your interest.
Melannie

Post by Melannie »

Thanks Copella

@vinb7, I just pinged them on their chat window and received the following:

"We are still currently still in discussion with the School regarding this and still at the planning stage. With it still being at the planning stage with routes etc we currently can not not provide any further information regarding this but we can keep you updated with any updates etc."

I've given them my email and will message back on this forum as I hear more. I've specifically asked them for N12 as that is where we are based (also, we're in the second band of results, so we're still hoping to get a place and I could be doing this all for nothing).

May be worth asking them to keep you in the loop too from where you specifically live
vinb7

Post by vinb7 »

Thanks Melannie
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now