Latymer announced Admissions arrangements for Sep 2019

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tiffinboys

Re: Latymer announced Admissions arrangements for Sep 2019

Post by tiffinboys »

Finally it is published and the controversial clause is also removed. Parents’ power (ooc ?) :wink:
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

Exam format is as the consultation paper described.
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

leanmeamum wrote:Exam format is as the consultation paper described.
Also timing which is interesting for those who want their DCs to sit DAO as well. A full on 3 days for any DC sitting both. I also wonder if they will allow a change if a DC who has been allocated to Monday is also sitting DAO?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I would be curious to see how they word the questions on the SIF re willingness and ability to move into catchment in order to render them compliant with the Admissions Code.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

Trakka wrote: Also timing which is interesting for those who want their DCs to sit DAO as well. A full on 3 days for any DC sitting both. I also wonder if they will allow a change if a DC who has been allocated to Monday is also sitting DAO?
DDs sitting DAO and HBS will have exams on 4 days in a row.

The document says -
For registered applicants unable to attend the test session offered due to illness, a doctor’s note will be required and a late test arranged. Other circumstances may be considered but taking a test at another school may not.
goodfriday

Post by goodfriday »

I am new to this site, so hope I'm in right forum. Looking at Latymer exam arrangements for 2019 entry, it seems like the Maths and Verbal Reasoning is a combined test of one hour. Is this new? Was it formerly separate papers? Does anyone know if there are question papers of this type that can be bought? We have been using separate 25 minute preparations for each of Maths and Verbal Reasoning. I phoned GL to try to buy a combined paper but they could not give me any info about a joint paper. Anyone know about this?
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

goodfriday wrote:I am new to this site, so hope I'm in right forum.
Hi - yes you are in the right place, but you might be best to start your own thread so your question is not tucked away. Also search on old postings about VR and Maths (or look back at old posts) as I think similar questions have been posted (and answered) before. Good luck
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now