Mock Exams for DAO, Latymer, St Michael and HB

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Learner2018

Mock Exams for DAO, Latymer, St Michael and HB

Post by Learner2018 »

Dear all,
We are currently preparing our DD who is in year 5 and wish to sit in September to the following schools:
DAO, St Michael's , Latymer and HB.
We have learnt a lot through this forum and are very grateful for all the advice given here. As the mock exams
are approaching, I would appreciate if some of the parents and teachers who had experience preparing for these schools can advice regarding which mocks exams are the most beneficial.
You can PM if you wish.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Learner2018
Hagseed

Re: Mock Exams for DAO, Latymer, St Michael and HB

Post by Hagseed »

Similarly I am just starting out on this journey with my Y5 daughter and am hugely appreciative of the effort put in by the posters on this forum and the amount of support.

I too would be grateful for advice regarding mocks. My daughter intends to sit exams for DAO and Latymer ( and possibly HBS- I'm still undecided).

I've seen some mocks advertised on this forum. The dates aren't yet out for HBS or Latymer but I see that there are quite a few CEM dates- would these be good for DAO? Would you advise one in spring say and one in the summer? Or given that I'd like her to sit a Latymer style mock, is that too much?

Many thanks
Lcwic1

Re: Mock Exams for DAO, Latymer, St Michael and HB

Post by Lcwic1 »

We did 11+ in September 2017. I booked mock exams for QE in early May to get a feel where he is at and areas where he needed improvement. The. Did few in summer as my DS was very interested in doing them. We mainly focused on QE style mocks and eleven plus Harrow mocks were very good. Although they were challenging DS performed well and got very motivated.

We also did a couple of ‘mock test masters’ mock exams but they were easy according to my DC. Eleven plus Harrow mocks were very helpful towards the exam.

Good luck with your exam prep.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now