How’s many mock tests should I book?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sonya

How’s many mock tests should I book?

Post by Sonya »

Hi, I would like to have some advice about booking mock test please. My son would like to sit exam to QE Boys, Latymer, and DAO.

Should I book all 3 styles of Mock tests?
Should I book the earlier one like in Mar/April or late one in July/August?

What is the pro and con to book the early or late one?

Any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.
Lcwic1

Re: How’s many mock tests should I book?

Post by Lcwic1 »

Hi Sonya,

We did 11+ last September for QE and Latymer. Our main choice was QE. We did QE mock in Early May, that’s to see how my DS would perform so if he did not do so well, we would know where to improve. We also did few mocks in summer that’s just because my son enjoyed doing mocks. However, this depends on each child I guess.

He got top 192 letter for Latymer and above 250 for QE and thought both Latymer and QE exams were easier than the mocks he did. He always ranked in the top 8 ranking in the mocks he sat.

Hope this helps.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

He always ranked in the top 8 ranking in the mocks he sat.
Very helpful.
aaru

Post by aaru »

Lcwic1 wrote:Hi Sonya,

We did 11+ last September for QE and Latymer. Our main choice was QE. We did QE mock in Early May, that’s to see how my DS would perform so if he did not do so well, we would know where to improve. We also did few mocks in summer that’s just because my son enjoyed doing mocks. However, this depends on each child I guess.

He got top 192 letter for Latymer and above 250 for QE and thought both Latymer and QE exams were easier than the mocks he did. He always ranked in the top 8 ranking in the mocks he sat.

Hope this helps.
It would be great if you can provide link for booking the mock exam. Thanks
11nuts

Post by 11nuts »

Yes could you please send the links to me please?
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

I assume the one link we're allowed to provide publicly is this one:

https://mocks.elevenplusexams.co.uk/book-exams/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We sat mocks here 3 years ago - 2 for QE and 1 for SW Herts.

The last mock we sat was in July, leaving time to address any weaknesses identified.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

thisisnuts wrote:I assume the one link we're allowed to provide publicly is this one:

https://mocks.elevenplusexams.co.uk/book-exams/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
See the forum rules:
Etienne
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Sorry, I assumed we could mention the mocks provided by elevenplusexams - especially as this announcement is sitting as a sticky at the top of the Herts/North London forum:

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 71&t=50411" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

thisisnuts wrote:Sorry, I assumed we could mention the mocks provided by elevenplusexams - especially as this announcement is sitting as a sticky at the top of the Herts/North London forum:

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 71&t=50411" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You’d originally said you thought that the one mock you could mention was the elevenplusexam one. Etienne was clarifying that we allow mention of school/PTA/Charity ones as well. If we didn’t allow it, we would have edited it out. :D
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

You've not done anything wrong, thisisnuts! :)

I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that we do not object to mention of any mocks organised by schools, PTAs or charities.

Nor do we have a problem with EPE mocks. We think we can vouch for their quality.
There is also a charitable dimension in that any profits help to pay for the running of this forum.

As a general rule we don't allow mention of external commercial sites because of our rules on the advertising of educational services of which we have no knowledge.
However, we do make a special exception for schools & PTAs, where there is a charitable aspect in that they are presumably hoping to raise funds for the school. We feel a duty to support what they're doing, even if we're not really in a position to endorse their mocks.

X-post with Tinkers.
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now