tiffinboys

Re: MTS or St. Albans?

Post by tiffinboys »

Fantastic...
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

whattodo? wrote:
kenyancowgirl wrote:Reading OP's other thread MTS from Arkley, she has already decided to go with her dh and ds for MTS as they are looking for friends in advance of him starting the school.

We've decided - MTS it is.

I wanted to thank you all for taking the time to respond and share your thoughts....

Rest assured we've made an educated decision and have worked out the finer details....and if it helps - turns out the coach journey is very similar to St.A from my stop!
And have even considering moving!

best of luck to all... :D
Except you haven't worked out the finer details as you havent done the journey in rush hour, even once...you've just ignored the bits you didn't like... :shock: I hope you have, therefore, seriously considered moving to the point of putting your house on the market and registering with estate agents!

Your (dh/ds) choice obviously, but I would never have considered any journey over 40 mins for our kids (hubby commutes an hour 10 mins each way and hates it - really really hates it - and he understands what commuting is! Good luck to your ds... I think he may need it.
persereving18

Post by persereving18 »

Yikes what a commute! Poor kid will struggle over the long run. I was exhausted going to uni everyday...and trust me in the beginning it will probably be a novelty eventually turning into journeys of despair.
The journey time should be just as important as the school itself.
CandyCrush

Post by CandyCrush »

MTS parent here!

MTS is a fabulous school and has completely exceeded our expectations. Ds has excelled beyond our wildest dreams.

However, we have also visited St Albans and met the boys regularly at sports fixtures etc and I rate the school very highly indeed.

Even as a loyal MTS parent, I would still say go for St Albans. It's a great school, the boys are charming and their results are very similar.

Go for the shorter commute and have local friends!!
persereving18

Post by persereving18 »

CandyCrush wrote:MTS parent here!

MTS is a fabulous school and has completely exceeded our expectations. Ds has excelled beyond our wildest dreams.

However, we have also visited St Albans and met the boys regularly at sports fixtures etc and I rate the school very highly indeed.

Even as a loyal MTS parent, I would still say go for St Albans. It's a great school, the boys are charming and their results are very similar.

Go for the shorter commute and have local friends!!

The more I hear about MT the happier I feel. We had a couple of choices but DS out of the blue was adamant that MT was the right choice. Can honestly say I am happy he has made the choice. Hopeful for what is to come :o
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I would stress that a secondary school choice should be a parent's decision, not a child's. If it goes wrong and they have made the decision, that is a massive amount of pressure on their shoulders.
persereving18

Post by persereving18 »

well thats what we did, we chose the school exams he should sit for. Initially I was swayed towards QE and Habs only because of academic results ( not that MT suffers by any means). though it is the overall feel of the school that I think captured him. I'm happy and thats the last I want to dwell on. I literally have had enough. :lol: no more mulling, just more forward thinking.