QE Boys Offer for 2018

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
devc1111

QE Boys Offer for 2018

Post by devc1111 »

Hi There ,
My son got 234 in Sept 2017 exam , Will he be offer a place this year ?

Thanks in advance ,

KR

Dev
Guest55

Re: QE Boys Offer for 2018

Post by Guest55 »

Where did you name QE on the CAF? No-one knows the cut-off yet but based on history he should get in if you put the school first.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Guest55 wrote:Where did you name QE on the CAF? No-one knows the cut-off yet but based on history he should get in if you put the school first.
Or at least, above any other school which will be able to offer him a place as well :) .

(I'm sure you haven't been so daft, devc1111, but for anyone out there who believed a 'friend' at the school gate who said that even if you want a grammar school place, you have to put your local comp first, or you won't get a place there if you don't get the grammar, next Thursday might bring a bit of a surprise :( ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

IF you do a search on my post you will see my QE results thread that goes into great detail on this.

234 has got a place on allocation day every year for the past five years so you have reason to expect it will again this year.

If you do just miss out I would expect you to get a place provided you stay on the waiting list. Last year the list moved quite quickly after the last day for offers to be accepted. DG
LolaD

Post by LolaD »

(I'm sure you haven't been so daft, devc1111, but for anyone out there who believed a 'friend' at the school gate who said that even if you want a grammar school place, you have to put your local comp first, or you won't get a place there if you don't get the grammar, next Thursday might bring a bit of a surprise :( ).[/quote]

So right! It is unfortunate that people get caught in this misinformation. I just wish people had the facts right about the 11plus exam/result/CAF/offer process. It'll be a real shame to miss out!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

LolaD wrote:(I'm sure you haven't been so daft, devc1111, but for anyone out there who believed a 'friend' at the school gate who said that even if you want a grammar school place, you have to put your local comp first, or you won't get a place there if you don't get the grammar, next Thursday might bring a bit of a surprise :( ).
So right! It is unfortunate that people get caught in this misinformation. I just wish people had the facts right about the 11plus exam/result/CAF/offer process. It'll be a real shame to miss out![/quote]

Yes, isn't it sad that there is nowhere for people to turn to, to find out how the whole process works :( .

Apart from the pages of information, worked examples, etc, that their LA publishes every year on its website (and, for the technologically challenged, in a physical booklet), that is :roll: . But who'd've thunk to look there?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Lurking from the Bucks section but we get this all the time. Parents are either intentionally jeopardising others to help themselves or they are just really badly informed and trying to be helpful. I’ve not heard anyone say put a local upper before a grammar school before. The most common myth is to NOT put your local upper at all because you’re guaranteed a place there.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Oh my goodness. So parents do not actually apply for a school as they think they have an automatic right to a place there?

I had not heard that one before. DG
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

The other common theory seems to be that even though Bucks grammars are allocated on distance for qualified children, some schools (mainly Dr Challoners boys) will take you during the appeal process if you have a really high 11+ score.

Infact people believe in this so much that they have made me doubt what I know, even though all the official information says otherwise!

The strangest one I have heard is someone saying they will be allocated their nearest grammar school even though their child didn’t qualify because they live near it. They think the school will not fill up with local children so they will then fill it up with people who live near the school.
BizzyM

Post by BizzyM »

Despite hopefully qualifying for a QE place, I have put it first but I too have also been told that because I put a non selective secondary school, I may not get the grammer place! Are people just plain evil or purely misinformed??
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now