QE Boys score allocations 1st March 2018

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
WATFORD BOY

Re: QE Boys score allocations 1st March 2018

Post by WATFORD BOY »

Daogroupie wrote:Congrats to you Pauline, you must have been very high up the waiting list to be 231 and Barnet.

I know a 229 who will now be in the top ten so things are looking up. DG
Thanks DG for supporting and providing valuable information, our DS waiting list 4
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

mcyicsk2 wrote:My Son was on position 12 (with a mark of 231) - does that mean an offer is on the way or does it mean only 11 offers have been made?
In the past, the number quoted on the website is the latest number to have received an offer.

So should be good news for you - although you may have to wait until Saturday for the offer letter to arrive!
mcyicsk2

Post by mcyicsk2 »

Great Thanks !
hjhj

Post by hjhj »

Hi Stompy,
I don't know where is your DS on the waiting list but it is looking very slow.When I read 12 on website I couldn't believe it I think it is a mistake but their admission does not make mistakes(I give it to QE).We must have plan B. I am very lucky to have WBGS and I got no regrets. I strongly believe our children will do well in any school. QE is not a magic machine, it needs good children to be able to do well.Perhaps less stress and more happier outside.I am fully supporting my third Ds to do better than 2 olders one who went to QE. My Ds with WL ... not get in looking at todays numbers.
QE magic is some very bright children and our children who are close on waiting list are very bright.I am sure they will do better outside and be more happier.
Good Luck
I still think that waiting list might drag up to 30ies by September but I could be wrong.
Champa

Post by Champa »

Daogroupie wrote:This is great news. But have they already allocated them?

They did not allocate them until August last year which got the waiting list down to 224.

Waiting list letters have started to arrive. 229 is getting a rank in the mid 20s which seems to indicate there are only a handful left that did not get 231, maybe just one, our friend in Slough?

So hopefully it will reach the 230s very soon and then onto the 229s! DG
BUT... and its a big BUT....

With the additional places taking y7 intake to 192 PAN, the A’level intake I presume has remained the same which translated means that not 20 students, but now 32 students will not be able to carry on to take A’levels making it even more competitive and stressful for those parents and students. It will also mean greater articulation (to you and me - control) of what A’levels the students who do stay on get to choose as this is also carefully predetermined from their own internal assessments. Is this increase in Y7 PAN which cant accommodate places post GCSEs a little bit too ingenuous for what undoubtedly is a quorum of children who are part of the top 3% of able pupils in the country? Our concern, when it was a pan of 180, was the pressure of competing for a place post gcse’s And on balance we declined the place as there was no automatic route to A’level based on capacity in the school - that was 20 students under the cosh ... this now goes up to 32... interesting decision if they have not increased the A’level cohort..... interested in your thoughts....
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Champa wrote:
Daogroupie wrote:This is great news. But have they already allocated them?

They did not allocate them until August last year which got the waiting list down to 224.

Waiting list letters have started to arrive. 229 is getting a rank in the mid 20s which seems to indicate there are only a handful left that did not get 231, maybe just one, our friend in Slough?

So hopefully it will reach the 230s very soon and then onto the 229s! DG
BUT... and its a big BUT....

With the additional places taking y7 intake to 192 PAN, the A’level intake I presume has remained the same which translated means that not 20 students, but now 32 students will not be able to carry on to take A’levels making it even more competitive and stressful for those parents and students. It will also mean greater articulation (to you and me - control) of what A’levels the students who do stay on get to choose as this is also carefully predetermined from their own internal assessments. Is this increase in Y7 PAN which cant accommodate places post GCSEs a little bit too ingenuous for what undoubtedly is a quorum of children who are part of the top 3% of able pupils in the country? Our concern, when it was a pan of 180, was the pressure of competing for a place post gcse’s And on balance we declined the place as there was no automatic route to A’level based on capacity in the school - that was 20 students under the cosh ... this now goes up to 32... interesting decision if they have not increased the A’level cohort..... interested in your thoughts....
:wink:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Let’s keep this thread purely for QE allocations please and hopefully avoid the usual QE bunfight.
Champa

Post by Champa »

Tinkers wrote:Let’s keep this thread purely for QE allocations please and hopefully avoid the usual QE bunfight.
Fair point Tinkers. Just an observation nothing more.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Champa wrote:
Tinkers wrote:Let’s keep this thread purely for QE allocations please and hopefully avoid the usual QE bunfight.
No problem with just observations and not directed at you personally, but I’m sure you’ve seen what can and quite often does happen with QE threads...
Champa

Post by Champa »

Tinkers wrote:
Champa wrote:
No problem with just observations and not directed at you personally, but I’m sure you’ve seen what can and quite often does happen with QE threads...
Indeed