QE Boys score allocations 1st March 2018

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Re: QE Boys score allocations 1st March 2018

Post by Daogroupie »

Congratulations to your son. I know he will have worked hard for that score, the boy I know in the top 4 certainly did and it certainly does bode well for future academic success.

For the first time I don't know a single boy turning down QE this year but it would be interesting to know if the other two in the top 4 are also joining QE in September. DG
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

Guest55 wrote:
jazbaati99 wrote:My son is one of the top 4, and he is going to QE.
and? Score in an 11+ is nothing to boast about - many high scorers are not the best at GCSE and A level.
Dear Guest55, I was merely replying to the question asked by DG. Nothing to boast about. Many thanks to all the well wishers for their kind wishes. A special thanks to DG for her invaluable advice on this forum. Wish all DC's best for future.
hjhj

Post by hjhj »

Absolutely agree with Guest55, Know very high scores not doing well atGCSE and middle range being the best .
Well done to high scorers but it does change a great deal. Lot of Habs Boys don't even go to QE either they prefer HABS or not enough score but LOOK AT THEIR A Level grades(As Good as QE if not better)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

DG had no business musing about who the top 4 were - it's none or her or our business.
hjhj

Post by hjhj »

School (QE BOYS)does not even tell teachers about pupils 11 plus marks. They are all together for first term and they start testing them later and depending upon whoever does whatever has been taught in school...takes you in different sets.
Well done who did very well but some top scores continue to do well while others right from the bottom go all the way up to top sets.Not a big deal....
Etondad

Post by Etondad »

jazbaati99 wrote:
Daogroupie wrote: It would be interesting to know how many of those top four are going to QE, I know one of them and he is going.
Anyone know any of the other three?
DG
My son is one of the top 4, and he is going to QE.

Hey that's a really great achievement. Congrats to your son on the hard work and excellent result.

....oh and don't be too concerned about some strange comments you get around this.... it's just the way some people are on an anonymous online forum.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Etondad wrote:....oh and don't be too concerned about some strange comments you get around this.... it's just the way some people are on an anonymous online forum.
Not at all. It' long experience as a teacher seeing that 11+ scores mean nothing. I've said a number of times that the most able student I've taught got in on appeal.

DG should not be asking people to identify high scorers; that is not very professional of her.
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

Etondad wrote:
jazbaati99 wrote:
Daogroupie wrote: It would be interesting to know how many of those top four are going to QE, I know one of them and he is going.
Anyone know any of the other three?
DG
My son is one of the top 4, and he is going to QE.

Hey that's a really great achievement. Congrats to your son on the hard work and excellent result.

....oh and don't be too concerned about some strange comments you get around this.... it's just the way some people are on an anonymous online forum.
Many thanks and well said :)
kumi

Post by kumi »

Guest55 wrote:
Etondad wrote:....oh and don't be too concerned about some strange comments you get around this.... it's just the way some people are on an anonymous online forum.
Not at all. It' long experience as a teacher seeing that 11+ scores mean nothing. I've said a number of times that the most able student I've taught got in on appeal.

DG should not be asking people to identify high scorers; that is not very professional of her.
To answer or not DG’s question is individual’s choice. I ,like many other parents found DG’s posts informative and am sure his/her analysis will help future generation of confused/uninformed parents.
jaypn2009

Post by jaypn2009 »

Yeah, agree with guest 55 with the context.

Rankings are fine as long as they help to establish the waiting list.
But top 4 or top 10 aren't that much to be given importance at a stage of 11 year olds as the assessment in later years wouldnt be in marks but consitent perfomance.
And congrats to all those children who did hard work to get into QE boys or any grammar school as it itself is a great achievement.
' READING provides you with Knowledge, But THINKING makes it your own ! '
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now